The purpose of the BikePed Committee is to:
- Advise and provide recommendations to the City Council on bicycle and pedestrian safety issues.
- Provide a forum for residents and community organizations to raise bicycling and pedestrian-related issues and concerns.
- Draft a complete streets policy for the city of Holyoke.
- Assist the City in the development of bicycle and pedestrian systems within Holyoke.
- Make recommendations for a City-wide Bicycle Master Plan.
- Develop education and public outreach programs on bicycle and pedestrian issues.
- Provide advice and recommendations on physical infrastructure related to walkways, trails, and cycling networks, including planning, design standards, operations and maintenance, neighborhood traffic conditions including traffic calming and traffic management, street tree plantings and pedestrian accessibility.
- Promote walking and bicycling use as a means of improving the health of Holyoke residents.
- Work with the Departments of Planning & Economic Development; Public Works; Health; and Conservation to incorporate bicycling and pedestrian facilities into infrastructure improvements and development projects
- Coordinate with external agencies on regional trail connections
BikePed Committee Meetings take place Every 1st Monday of the Month at 6pm
For more information, contact Cynthia Espinosa email@example.com or 413-322-5655