ARPA Grant Proposal Deadline Extended
Date of Notice: June 1, 2021
Date of Revision: June 16, 2021
June 16, 2021 Updates
The application deadline is extended to June 28, 2021, at 6:00 pm EST. The character length limits for each response have been added to each question.
At this time, the city is not accepting applications from individual businesses, tourism, hospitality or travel sectors. The City is committed to providing funds to these sectors through industry specific programs that are currently being designed to meet the community needs and to make access to ARPA funds as quick and easy as possible.
The GoogleForm was down over the last 24 hours. It is now re-open and accepting applications. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The United States Department of the Treasury has issued an Interim Finale Rule (31 CFR Part 35) to implement the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund established under the American Rescue Plan Act. The City of Holyoke will be awarded $29,894,310.00 in two tranches to help turn the tide on the pandemic, address economic fallout, and provide a basis for a strong and equitable recovery. Funds may be used in five key areas: support public health recovery and services; address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency; replace lost public sector revenue; provide premium pay for essential workers; and make investments in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure. Funds must be used to address the negative economic impacts of COVID-19, aid households negatively economically impacted by COVID-19 and primarily in Qualified Census Tracts (QCT’s).
In this first round of funding, the City is seeking proposals in the following areas:
- Affordable Housing– rehabilitation of existing housing including home repairs, weatherization and lead based paint remediation, rental and mortgage assistance, and development of housing opportunities to increase the supply of affordable and high-quality living units
- Public Services (Assistance to Households)- food access, legal services, job training, health care, homeless services including supportive housing, community violence intervention programs, internet access or digital literacy assistance, housing navigation services, educational services, child care, child welfare services, health and mental health services, activities to assist with COVID-19 health activities (prevention, vaccination), addiction services
- Economic Development– support for small businesses and non-profits (program development only)
- Aid to Impacted Industries– tourism, travel, and hospitality industries (program development only)
- Infrastructure– broadband, water, sewer and stormwater, green infrastructure, climate resiliency
- Municipal Revenue Loss
- Municipal Administration and Planning
Application Guidelines and Instructions and a template of the GoogleForm are available through a GoogleDrive. Please email Jennifer Martins at email@example.com or Alicia Zoeller at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link to access the application materials.
All applications are due by June 21, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. EST. No extensions or exceptions will be granted. The application deadline is extended to June 28, 2021, at 6:00 pm EST.
Direct assistance to individuals or families is not provided by this process. Economic development, assistance to businesses and key sectors will be provided through a future application process.
Additional information is available by calling 413-322-5610 or emailing Alicia Zoeller, Administrator at email@example.com
The United States Department of the Treasury continues to issue guidance on the use of Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funds. The City of Holyoke will provide updates to the requirements for funding as federal guidance is received. For additional information, please see:
Quick Reference Guide