Public Safety Meeting 6/9/16 Text Size
Notice of Committee Meeting There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on Public Safety
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Thursday, June 9, at 6:00pm
Per order of the Chair: Dan Bresnahan
1. Acceptance of Previous meeting minutes
2. McGee 5/17/16: Ordered that the DPW allow Holyoke residents with pull trailers (10 feet or less) to use the compost dump area.
3. Bartley 3/2/16: Ordered that Holyoke Police Dept. enforce the “do not block the box” ordinances Citywide but in particular the two on Northampton St. near Clark & Gilman and please report back to the Public Service Committee any findings.
4. Roman 2/16/16: Ordered that the City of Holyoke Fire Dept. take over as the emergency medical dispatch for the City.
5. Roman 2/16/16: Ordered that the City of Holyoke Fire Dept. serve as the backup basic life support ambulance for the city of Holyoke
6. Roman 1/19/16: Ordered that the City of Holyoke centralize and consolidate within the Fire Dept. all lists of empty and abandoned buildings, providing access to its server to any and all other departments who need it.
7. McGee 2/2/16: Orderd the public safety committee look into the following safety concern regarding hunting in and around land across the Mt. Tom Range. The dilemma with USF&W and MF&W is each owns a landlocked parcel bounded by either private land or public land. In the case of surrounding public lands, those parcels are not open to hunting. At issue is the amount of hiking that goes on across the ridge line –especially in the fall. During deer and bear season shotguns are used. I do not know whether rifles are allowed during bear and deer season. If so, the distance a bullet can travel raises the risk of some one being injured or worse.
8. McGee 5/3/16: Financial Transfer Request of $38,217 FROM Pay Snow Removal Overtime and Pay Motor Equipment Repair TO: Sick Leave Buyback & Vacation Buyback
9. Roman 1/19/16: Ordered that the DPW study the impact of adding a traffic light on the intersection of Main St. and St. Vincent’s St. in order slow the speed, elevate the flow of traffic, and to make walking and crossing the streets safer for students attending William J. Dean Tech School.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on June 3, 2016 by allenr