School Committee – Cancelled Text Size
Event takes place on February 09, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Dean Tech High School, 1045 Main Street
CANCELLED – WEATHER – RESCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2015 @ 6:00 P.M.
SCHOOL COMMITTEE AGENDA
DATE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2015
TIME: 6:00 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Community Room Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC DISCUSSION*
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Superintendent’s Communications
- Dropout and Graduation Rates (pages 1-4)
- Review Progress for Alternative Program
- Vice Chair Report
- NEW BUSINESS
- Minutes of Meetings
- Special Meeting of January 20, 2015 (pages 5-23)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the minutes.
- Introduced by Committee member John Brunelle, that the School Department investigate the feasibility of implementing a snow day pilot program similar to what the Burlington school district has done. (pages 24-26)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to refer to administration.
- Domestic Violence Leave Policy (pages 27-29)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive as a first reading and refer to Communications and Policies
- Parent Petition Requesting that School Committee Pass a Resolution Against (Possible) State Takeover (pages 30-34)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the petition.
- OLD BUSINESS
- MSBA – McMahon School Project Removal from Capital Pipeline
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee take the item off the table.
- Appointments (page 35)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the appointments.
- Resignations (page 36)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the resignations.
- Retirements (page 37)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the retirements.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To go into Executive Session to conduct collective bargaining sessions with Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Custodians, [not] to return to open session.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Superintendent before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Superintendent immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to the Superintendent of Schools, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.
Posted on February 4, 2015 by School Admin