School Committee Text Size
Event takes place on October 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street, Holyoke, MA
SCHOOL COMMITTEE AGENDA
DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2014
TIME: 6:00 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Community Room Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC DISCUSSION*
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Superintendent’s Communications
- MCAS Presentation
- Vice Chair Report
- NEW BUSINESS
- Minutes of Meetings
- Regular Meeting of September 22, 2014 (pages 1-8)
- Regular Meeting of October 8, 2014 (pages 9-11)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the minutes.
- Have Hope Scholarship – HHS (page 12)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the Have Hope Scholarship as requested.
- Introduced by Committee members Whelihan and Erin Brunelle, to revise Policy BBBC School Committee Member Resignation to include the following: Any ward member of the Holyoke School Committee that moves from his/her ward during his/her term of office must notify the City Clerk and School Committee within ten (10) days, in writing, of such move. Any at-large member shall also notify the City Clerk and School Committee of any change of domicile.
- Introduced by Committee member Sheehan, that the School Committee receive a report at the November 17, 2014 meeting, of all discipline infractions and outcomes, broken down by school, as of November 1, 2014. With a report on how the new discipline policy (Chapter 222) has impacted this.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. To go into Executive Session to conduct collective bargaining sessions with Secretaries, Cooks & Cafeteria Workers, and Custodians, and Holyoke Teachers Association (arbitration update), to conduct negotiations with legal counsel, [not] to return to open session.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Superintendent before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Superintendent immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to the Superintendent of Schools, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.
Posted on October 15, 2014 by School Admin