School Committee Text Size
Event takes place on October 07, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Fifield Community Room @ Dean Technical HS 1045 Main St. Holyoke MA
SCHOOL COMMITTEE AGENDA - REVISED
DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2013
TIME: 6:15 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Community Room Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street
1. CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- 2. PUBLIC DISCUSSION*
- 3. COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Superintendent’s Communications
- Level 4 Quarterly Progress Report (pages 1-10)
- 4. NEW BUSINESS
- Minutes of Meetings
- Regular Meeting of September 16, 2013 (pages 11-18)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the minutes.
- Introduced by Committee member Birks, that the Resources and Capacity Building Subcommittee consider funding for librarian positions at McMahon and Morgan.
- Introduced by Committee member Garcia, that the School Committee, via the Resources and Capacity Building Subcommittee, take up the discussion relative to redistricting, i.e., K-6 and 7-8 model.
- c. Cross Country Team Travel Request (pages 19-22)
tee vote to approve the travel request.
- Budget Transfers (page 23)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the budget transfer request.
- Appoint Voting and Alternate Delegate to MASC Annual Meeting
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to appoint Devin Sheehan as voting delegate and William Collamore as alternate, for the purposes of the MASC Annual Meeting.
- Morgan School Update – Opportunity to Meet with the Commissioner (page 24)
- Travel Requests (pages 25-29)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the travel requests.
- Holyoke Public Library – Request to for “Spare Change Drive” (under separate cover)
- MCAS Presentation (pages 30-39)
5. OLD BUSINESS
- Lawrence School Update
- PVTA Bus Stop Change
- Jump Start Update
- Update on Dean Graduation Requirements for Former Students
- Fingerprinting Update (pages 40-42)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the fingerprinting update.
- MSBA Design Enrollment Certification (pages 43-46)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to authorize the Vice Chair to sign the Design Enrollment Certification, and further authorize the Vice Chair to sign other preliminary documentation, for the McMahon School project only, that does not require a specific vote of the Committee, in order to comply in a timely manner, with a full report on any such authorization at the next scheduled School Committee meeting.
- Appointments (pages 47-48)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the appointments,
- Retirements (page 49)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the retirements.
- Resignations (page 50)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the resignations.
EXECUTIVE SESSION EXECUTIVE SESSION
- a. To go into Executive Session to conduct collective bargaining sessions with the Paraprofessionals and Secretaries Associations, [not] to return to open session.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on October 3, 2013 by cityadmin