School Committee Text Size
Event takes place on June 15, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street, Holyoke, MA
DATE: MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2015
TIME: 6:00 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Community Room Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC DISCUSSION*
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Superintendent’s Communications
- Vice Chair Report
- NEW BUSINESS
- Minutes of Meetings
- Special Meeting of March 30, 2015 (pages 1-9)
- Regular Meeting of May 4, 2015 (pages 10-15)
- Special Meeting of May 12, 2015 (pages 16-26)
- Regular Meeting of June 1, 2015 (pages 27-33)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the minutes.
- Reports of Committees
- Leadership Accountability and Measurement of March 23, 2015 (pages 34-36)
- Joint City Council/School Committee Subcommittee of March 23, 2015 (pages 37-40)
- Resources and Capacity Building Committee of April 6, 2015 (pages 41-72)
- Resources and Capacity Building Committee of April 13, 2015 (pages 73-87)
- Communications & Policies Subcommittee of April 21, 2015 (pages 88-90)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the minutes and take no action on individual motions.
- School Committee Goals
- OLD BUSINESS
- School Committee Roles and Responsibilities in Receivership
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Superintendent before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Superintendent immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to the Superintendent of Schools, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.
Posted on June 11, 2015 by School Admin