Relay for Life of Greater Holyoke/Chicopee Text Size
Event takes place on May 08, 2015 at 6:00 PM until 1:00 AM
What: Relay For Life of Greater Holyoke/Chicopee
When: May 8-9, 6pm – 1pm
Where: Szot Park, 687 Front St. Chicopee
What is Relay For Life?
Relay for Life is the American Cancer Society’s worldwide movement to end cancer! Over 5,100 Relay for Life events take place around the world, bringing people together to help create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Relay for Life is a place to:
- Celebrate cancer survivors and caregivers
- Remember those we have lost
- Fight back against this disease that takes too much from too many
What happens at Relay for Life?
Teams of 8-15 people take turns walking around a track and commit to raising funds to support the American Cancer Society. The City of Holyoke team can be made up of friends, family, co-workers, hospitals, churches, temples, and schools.
Because cancer doesn’t sleep, the event is held overnight with each team keeping a representative on the track at all times. Special activities honor survivors, caregivers, and the strength they share that inspires everyone.
Where does the money go?
Relay for Life makes it possible for the American Cancer Society to save lives and help people…
- Stay well by taking steps to prevent cancer and find it early.
- Get well by providing support, resources, and free programs including transportation to treatment and free lodging when treatment is far from home.
- Find cures through groundbreaking discoveries in cancer research, with 3.5 billion funded since 1946. 47 scientists funded by the American Cancer Society have won the Nobel Prize.
- Fight back by working with lawmakers to defeat cancer and rallying communities to join the fight for tobacco control, insurance coverage, research funding, and more.
- Be part of the City of Holyoke team! Contact: Julia Wilkins at 413-322-5595 or email@example.com or sign up to be on the team or donate funds at http://main.acsevents.org/
- Check your email for updates and information
- Attend City proclamation: The Mayor will make a proclamation Wednesday, April 29th at noon encouraging participation and observing May as Relay for Life Month
- Invite friends to join you on the team!
Posted on April 17, 2015 by Mayor's Admin