Public Service Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on May 07, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Wed, May 7, at 6:30PM
Per order of Chairperson- Dan Bresnahan
- Acceptance of Previous meeting minutes
- Lisi Order: city council with the clerk’s office, review all permit applications available through the clerk’s office to make sure that they clearly articulate who may need a particular permit, for what purpose(s) the permit may be obtained, and the information that the applicant must provide in order for the city council or other relevant departments to make a fair assessment of whether the permit should be granted.
- Alexander Ordered: That the City Clerk create and present a plan to ensure publication online as part of a comprehensive municipal code of ordinances, any changes or revisions within 7 days of adoption by the Council. Further ordered, that such a plan be presented within 90 days of adoption of this order, and implemented within 180 days of the authorization of any expenses necessary for its implementation.
- Alexander: Whereas: There are Home Occupation Permits granted both By Right and By Special Permit, et no process for review and revocation of such permits currently exists
Ordered: That the City Clerk establish and maintain a data file of all Home Occupation Permits granted including the original application and any conditions attached thereto at granting, that this information be available for public inspection and that any complaints or enforcement actions against any Permit Holder be maintained in the same set of files.
- Mayoral appointee Ms. Janet Stupak to serve as on the Library Board of Directors for the City of Holyoke
- Order: Superintendent of Public Schools be invited to come before the Public Service Committee following his State of the Schools address for a roundtable discussion of his vision for the schools and to give the Councilors a forum to dialogue with him on issues related to the Holyoke schools and city. Amended to request the Superintendent to provide a copy of his writen remarks from his State of the Schools Address. This will allow councilors time to prepare questions.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 2, 2014 by allenr