Public Service Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on March 12, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Wed. March 12, at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Dan Bresnahan
1. Soto 8/5/14: Order: That the City’s Emergency Management Director, the Police Chief and a representative from the Health Department come before the City Council and provide information on how we respond to emergencies when residents and/or their animals are displaced from their homes as a result of fires, natural disasters, human error, etc.,
Amend to add MRC and also invite Mr. Elliot.
2. Soto 10/21/14: Order: That the creative art’s director come before the city council and provide an update on what he’s been working on currently and what is his vision for the near future
3. City Council review of Mayoral appointment of Ms. Sandy Smith to position of City Treasurer
4. 2/10/15: City Council review of Mayoral appointee Mr. Harry Montalvo to the Planning Board
5 Bartley 3/3/15: Ordered that the no turn on red sign on Brown Ave and South St. be modified.
6. Application for a special permit for Home Occupation for Jailson Varela Maria Harris at 21 Francis Ave. for a Painting Business.
7. Soto 8/5/14: Order: “That all members of the City Council should request that the Hampden County District Attorney conduct an independent investigation into the reason(s) for the $ 45,000 payment made by Mayor Alex B. Morse to former city solicitor Heather Egan to make sure there was nothing unethical, illegal or improper associated with said payment. The investigation would focus on the reason (s) the payment was made to guarantee that it was made in the best interests of the taxpayers of the City of Holyoke
8. Leahy 11/18/14: Order: That the Mayor with the help of our Administrative Assistant look to update the TV programming as soon as possible
9. Ordered: that the Council work with the Personnel Department to review and update the Auditor’s Job Qualifications and Job Description, and that advertising to solicit candidates be placed as soon as that review is complete
10. McGee 9/23/14: Order that the legal department and building department come before the city council and update them on the zoning violation near 51 Sterling Ave
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on March 10, 2015 by allenr