Public Safety Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on November 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council CHambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday, November 16 at 6:00 PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of Previous Meeting Minutes
2. Leahy 8/4/15: Ordered that the Mayor and the Fire Chief come before the Public Safety Committee to discuss the brownout of both Engine 2 and Tactical 2. Please come prepared to discuss potential options of putting these apparatuses back online.
3. Bresnahan 9/15/15: Order that the City Law Dept. and any other City Departments come before the City Council to update the body on any current properties in receivership, and if any intentions or efforts are being taken by the City to have blighted or abandoned properties placed into receivership and to see what efforts are being made to keep the many blighted properties safe.
4. Vacon 3/3/15: Ordered that the City Council be updated as to how many properties have been placed in receivership through the housing court and an update from our legal department as to how this can decrease blighted properties. It has been reported that Spfld. Ses this tool to prevent the deterioration of properties with good results.
5. Greaney 10/20/15: Ordered that a representative from Holyoke Police Dept. come in to the Public Safety Committee to discuss rules and regulations and laws regarding motor scooters and their use in the City of Holyoke.
6. Vacon 10/20/15: Ordered that the Mayor rescind his executive order that directs our Police Che4if to ignore federal immigration laws for detaining illegal aliens. Our Mayor should not be directing our Police Chief to violate the law.
7. Lisi, Chateauneuf, Jourdain 9/15/15: Ordered that the City Council explore the potential of alternate side or one side parking on Brookline Ave. during winter months. Residents are raising concerns about emergency vehicle access after snow plowing.
8. Bresnahan 9/15/15: Ordered that the DPW re-locate the sand pile next to pouliot pool and Henry Fitzpatrick Skating rink, The area where the sand is picked up poses a danger to the machinery at the rink and also has the potential of having the public be struck by rink vehicles as they enter and exit the rink entrances directly adjacent to the sand pile. Also please add a cover over the sand pile.
9. Jourdain June 2, 2015: Ordered that the Parks and Rec. Commission and the DPW Superintendent come before the City Council to discuss the satus of the Pouliot Pool and the plan and costs for it’s repair or replacement.
10. Valentin 6/2/15: Ordered that the City Engineer evaluates what options are available to make the corner of Hampshire and Beech safer for motorists and pedestrians. Visibility is limited and the traffic at this specific intersection has increased since the senior center began in operation.
11. Ordered that the City Council through the Public Safety Committee look into the property at 135 Lincoln Street to make sure it is up to code, handicap accessible, handicap restrooms, fire, smoke and carbon monxide detectors and parking and traffic problems that might arise because it is a shared driveway.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on November 10, 2015 by allenr