Public Safety Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on September 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday Sept. 29, at 6:00PM
Per order of Chairperson- Linda Vacon
- Acceptance of Previous Committee Minutes
- Soto 11/19/13: Order: the city of Holyoke have the DPW be the sole one responsible for all police towing. This will help generate revenue, and also maintain the integrity of the professionalism where as the city can have oversight in all motor vehicle that are towed in the city.
- Bartley/Alexander 9/2/14: Order: Request the City Engineer and DPW review the illegal cut-through at the end of Quirk Ave. (this abuts the Peck School parking lot by the YWCA) and recommend solutions. Neighbors are concerned about damage to the city property as well as it being a public safety concern. Potential solutions might be planting trees or installing a guard rail
- Bartley/Jourdain/Leahy 9/2/14: Order: DPW and United Water ensure the drainage system near 207 Fairmont St. can handle the water run-off capacity and take any corrective measures necessary
- McGee 3/19/13: Order: That the DPW look into a parking space on Faille Ave
- Leahy 4/15/14: Order: that the board of health provide training with first responders on the product Naloxone (Narcan).
- Vacon 9/2/14: Order: That representatives from the Board of Health, police department, fire department and any other appropriate city department conduct an inspection of the Holyoke Hotel, document code violations and issue any and all appropriate citations, fines, & take actions necessary to cause the hotel to comply with safety and public health codes.
Vacon 3/4/14: Order: appropriate representatives/contractors of the library come before the City Council to provide updates 0n warrantees and resolution of the roof leaks at the new library.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on September 24, 2014 by allenr