Public Safety Committee Text Size
Event takes place on February 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chambers Monday Feb 24, 2014
at 5:00 P.M.
Per order of the Chairperson: Linda Vacon
- Approval of previous meeting minutes
- Petition to the Holyoke Water Department from 12/17/13 on discolored water on Ross and St. Kolbe Rd.
- Bresnahan: Ordered DPW Superintendent, Conservation Commission Director and Representative from United Water appear before the City Council to discuss drainage problems at intersection of Michigan Ave and Erie Ave.
- McGee, Alexander, Soto: Ordered DPW come before the Public Safety Committee to discuss installing blue flashing lights around the city to alert residents of plowing
- Vacon: Ordered that the City provide homeowners with a covered recycling bin in areas where traffic, wind or animals cause the contents of the open bins to become litter on the street
- Bresnahan: Ordered that DPW and City Engineer reexamine the cross walk on South St. that allows pedestrians to go from South St. to the Whole Donut
- Ferreira, Alexander, Vega: Ordered the City Engineer examine Dwight St. from Pleasant St. to Linden St. and determine if it should become one lane
- Ferreira: Ordered the cross walk on Hampden St. at Clinton Ave. be examined by the City Engineer and recommendations be made to improve safety for pedestrians
- Valentin, Alexander, Tallman: Ordered DPW and the City Engineer present realistic options to address the constant speeding issues on Hampden Street
- Valentin: Ordered that the traffic light pattern at the corner of Dwight and Linden St. be reassessed to determine if it should be a regular traffic light again instead of a flashing light.
- Ferreira: Ordered the City Engineer examine the parking lot exits of Holyoke Towers and Sycamore Towers and make recommendations as to how to improve the safety of drivers leaving those lots
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on February 20, 2014 by allenr