Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Holyoke City Council
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday October 27 at 6:00PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 9/2/14 Soto Order: That a representative from the Health Department come before the city council and provide a detailed description on how complaints are handled when the department is made aware of them.
3. 4/15/14 Leahy: Ordered that the Board of Health provide training with first responders on the product Naloxone (Narcan) As Governor Patrick declared in March that theopioid addiction is now an epidemic in the state of MA.
4. 3/4/14 Vacon: Order that appropriate representatives/contractors of the library come before the City Council to provide updates on warrantees and resolution of the roof leaks at the new library.
5. 2/4/14 Soto: Ordered that the Personnel Director come before the City Council to provide an update on personnel records from the Police and Fire Depts.
6. McGee T: Ordered that the DPW look into creating a parking space on Faille Ave.
7. 2/4/14 Soto: Ordered that the Personnel Director come before the City Council to provide an update on personnel records from the Police and Fire Depts.
8. 11/9/13 Soto: Ordered the City of Holyoke have the DPW be the sole on responsible for all police towing. This will help generate revenue and also maintain the integrity and professionalism and allow the City to have oversight in all motor vehicles that are towed in the City.
9. 9/2/14 Bartley: Order: DPW and United Water ensure the drainage system near 207 Fairmont St. can handle the water run-off capacity and take any corrective measures necessary. Recent storms have flooded resident’s home and backyard with water pouring into his property from the street.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on October 22, 2014 by allenr