Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on August 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Holyoke City Council
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday August 25, at 5:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 8/5/14 Leahy: Ordered that the section of Chestnut St. between Dwight and Hampden Streets be designated as “William Taupier Way” Order amended to have the Committee consider other appropriate places/buildings after William Taupier
3. 4/15/14 Leahy: Ordered that the Board of Health provide training with first responders on the product Naloxone (Narcan) As Governor Patrick declared in March that theopioid addiction is now an epidemic in the state of MA.
4. 3/4/14 Vacon: Order that appropriate representatives/contractors of the library come before the City Council to provide updates on warrantees and resolution of the roof leaks at the new library.
5. 12/17/13: Ordered that the Chief of Police come before the Council to discuss whether it is necessary to require the Holyoke Inn or all motels that house homeless families to have a police presence on or at certain days of the week due to all the calls for service the police may or may not be recieving
6. 5/6/14 Bartley: Ordered that the City review the cost effectiveness of leasing or purchasing motorcycles for use by the Police Dept. since the City was unable to purchase the usual 7 new cruisers in FY14 and the prospects are not better for FY15
7. 2/4/14 Soto: Ordered that the Personnel Director come before the City Council to provide an update on personnel records from the Police and Fire Depts.
8. 3/18/14 McGee T: Ordered that the Holyoke Housing Authority look into a parking sticker/permit program for the Beaudoin Village area. By issuing stickers it my help with the parking space shortage issues in the area.
9. 2/7/12 Vega: Order that Bill Fuqua come before the Council to discuss a program that would allow Holyoke residents who rent apartments in the City have the ability to utilize the City dump either by paying a fee or setting up “open days” at the City yard.
10. 11/9/13 Soto: Ordered the City of Holyoke have the DPW be the sole on responsible for all police towing. This will help generate revenue and also maintain the integrity and professionalism and allow the City to have oversight in all motor vehicles that are towed in the City.
11. 2/5/13 Bartley: Ordered that the City develop an urban forestry plan which will compliment the Open Space Plan and which will include the following components: to assess the current forestry needs, to develop long-term forestry plans including development of a nursery, and to determine a budget and funding sources for the purchase of new trees to meet the immediate needs of Holyoke’s treebelts and parks.
12. McGee T: Ordered that the DPW look into creating a parking space on Faille Ave.
13. 1/21/14 Bresnahan: Order: the Historical Commission come before the Council to discuss the status of “the Bud”
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on August 14, 2014 by allenr