Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on January 27, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chambers Monday January 27, 2014
at 5:00 P.M.
Per order of the Chairperson: Linda Vacon
- Approval of previous meeting minutes
- Soto: Ordered a representative of the Fire Department come before the City Council and give an update on what’s being done to keep the traffic lights in working conditions
- Vega: Ordered that Bill Fuqua come to Council to discuss a program that would allow Holyoke Residents who rent apartments in the City have the ability to utilize the City dump either by paying a fee or setting up “open days” at the City yard
- Vega: Ordered that Bill Fuqua and Tim Price present a cost analysis for the City DPW to start a recycling pick up program for businesses in Holyoke
- Lebron-Martinez, Vega: Ordered DPW and Parks and Recreation considers the repairs for the playground on Kelly School
- Lebron-Martinez: Ordered that the DPW look at Pena Park for repairs on swings or clean up of the park and to make sure sprinklers have been fully repaired.
- Bresnahan: Ordered that DPW and City Engineer reexamine the cross walk on South St. that allows pedestrians to go from South St. to the Whole Donut
- Ferreira, Alexander, Vega: Ordered the City Engineer examine Dwight St. from Pleasant St. to Linden St. and determine if it should become one lane
- Ferreira: Ordered the cross walk on Hampden St. at Clinton Ave. be examined by the City Engineer and recommendations be made to improve safety for pedestrians
- Ferreira: Ordered the City Engineer examine the parking lot exits of Holyoke Towers and Sycamore Towers and make recommendations as to how to improve the safety of drivers leaving those lots
- Petition to the Holyoke Water Department from 12/17/13 on discolored water on Ross and St. Kolbe Rd.
- Lebron-Martinez: Ordered the City Council invite the Holyoke Water Works and Commissioners to discuss and understand necessary actions that need to be taken to resolve problems tenants/homeowners located at 73-121 Newton St. are facing with their water line.
- Bresnahan: Ordered DPW Superintendent, Conservation Commission Director and Representative from United Water appear before the City Council to discuss drainage problems at intersection of Michigan Ave and Erie Ave.
- Soto, Bresnahan: Ordered the City of Holyoke explore the centralization of outgoing mail from all City Departments
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on January 23, 2014 by allenr