Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on May 04, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday May 4 at 6:00PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Vacon 4/21/15: Order: That the Board of Health, Police Department and Planning staff update the City Council on the status of the Holyoke Hotel including any violations, the number of homeless people sheltered there, calls for service at that location and status of plans for development.
2. McGee 4/21/15: Order: That the City Engineer study the intersection of Magnolia and Mackenzie and determine if a stop sign, yield sign or other appropriate traffic sign be installed to address the traffic issues in that area.
3. Leahy: Ordered That the Superintendent of the Water Department and the commissioners come into the public safety come to discuss fluoride in our drinking water
4. 10/1/13: Ordered that the Chief of Police, DPW, and Board of Health director be invited to come before the Public Safety Committee to discuss and or provide a safety plan on dealing with needles found by constituents.
5. Bartley 9/2/14: Ordered that DPW and United Water ensure the drainage system near 207 Fairmont St. can handle the water run-off capacity and take any corrective measures necessary.
6. McGee 6/3/14: Ordered that the DPW and United Water look into the catch basin drainage issues at the corner of Woods Ave. and Hillside Ave.
7. . McGee 3/18/15: Ordered that the Holyoke Housing Authority and Legal Dept. determine if any space near the Wyatt Harper Park can be used towards expanding the Holyoke Housing Authority parking area
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on April 28, 2015 by allenr