Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 09, 2014 at 5:15 PM
536 Dwight Street Holyoke, MA
Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
April 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Parks & Recreation Office, City Hall
1. Call to Order
2. Acceptance of Minutes
Commission Meeting held on February 4, 2104.
3. New Business:
- Holyoke Youth Baseball League, proposed renovations at the 75’ Diamond at Springdale Park
- Proposal received to dedicate the 60’ softball diamond at McNally Field in honor of Ruben Urbina
- Holyoke Blue Sox, update & introduction
- Commissioner Murphy, discussion regarding after school programs
- Commissioner Murphy, renovation of baseball mounds
4. Correspondence Received:
- City of Holyoke and Holyoke Public Schools Joint Use Agreement. Final Copy
- Sarah LaRose, Project Engineer, HG &E, will be conducting exploratory borings in the CT River.
- Thank you card from T. Leichsenring, Dog Show.
- Hunter Golden, General Manager, Blue Sox. (Under new business)
- David Martins, Chief Procurement Officer, Request for Proposal # 826.
- Holyoke Historical Commission, notice of Public Hearing for Polish Heritage Historic District, March 30, 2014.
5. City Council Orders Received:
- Received from Brian Smith, City Auditor: February& March 2014, Appropriations Budget Reports
- Received, Special Funds Revenues, Expenditures and Fund Balance, March 2014
- Revolving Funds, Annual Re-authorizations, February 2014
7. Old Business
- Holyoke Blue Sox, update & introduction. (Old Bleachers)
- Avery Field Update
- Roberts Field, Mackenzie Field proposal update
- Community Field Special Fund, update
- Holyoke Rows submitted required documents, per contractual obligations for 2013.
- Common Backyards Grant, status update
- PAQ, comments from the Commissioners regarding the position of Director, Parks & Recreation
- Other Business
8. Next Meeting Date
Posted on April 3, 2014 by Parks Admin