Parks & Recreation Commission Text Size
Event takes place on November 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Parks & Recreation Office, City Hall, Holyoke, MA
Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Parks & Recreation Office
- Call to Order
- Acceptance of Minutes
Commission Meeting held on August 27, 2013.
- Correspondence Received:
- Thank you letters from Betty Nichols and Donald Ashe, Hampden County Register of Deeds for the Senior Fest Picnic held on 8/22/13.
- Thank you letter from Joe McCarthy for Parks Department sponsorship of a 13 – 14 yrs old baseball team.
- Public Hearing Notice for the proposed Polish Heritage Local Historic District received form the Holyoke Historical Commission, 10/3/13.
- Thank you letter from Tracy B. Ward 6 Crime Watch representative for hosting Ryker the Police Dog at Community Field on 10/19/13.
- Thank you from Susan Kelley, Executive Director, Children’s Museum for Parks & Recreations sponsorship of the Munchkin Masquerade on 10/27/13.
- Netta Hungerford, thank you for the use of Roberts Field Sports Complex, in October 2013.
- Mayor Alex B. Morse, re-appointment letter submitted to the Holyoke City Council for Jennifer D. Gilburg to serve as a Parks & Recreation Commissioner. The three year term will expire on June 30. 2016.
Parks & Recreation Commission
November 19, 2013
4. City Council Orders Received:
- The Committee on Public Safety to whom was referred an Order that the Parks & Recreation Department replace the dilapidated, unsafe benches located at the baseball/soccer fields at McMahon School have considered the same and Recommend that the Order has been complied with. In City Council October 1, 2013.
- Received from Brian Smith, City Auditor: September & October 2013, Appropriations Budget Reports.
- Fiscal Year 2015 Budget Request must be submitted to Brian Smith, City Auditor by December 10, 2013. (See attached)
- Recreation Report (Attached)
- New Business
- Community Field Revolving Fund, Jon Lumbra, City Treasurer
- Kelly School/DeRoy Playground. Kaboom Grant. Update
- Community Development Block Grants FY 15
- Old Business
- Avery Field Update
- Roberts Field, MacKenzie Field proposal update
- Other Business
- Next Meeting Date
Posted on November 15, 2013 by cityadmin