Ordinance/Planning Board Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 26, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday. April 26 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Vacon 1/19/16: Order: that solar installations by right be limited to industrial and business zones. Any other solar proposals in a residential zone, other than an individual home, be subject to special permit.
2. Zone change application of Frontier Development at 1575 Northampton St. former Lynch School (Map 105 Block 00 Parcel 061) from current zone: R-1A to proposed zone BH.
3. McGee, Jourdain 2/2/16: Ordered that the City adopt the Paleontological Resources ordinance for the City of Holyoke
4. Sullivan: Ordered that the City Council review and amend Section 18-35 “Regulations of Blighted and Vacan Buildings” and any other sections as may be necessary. Regulations should be solicited from the Mayor, Building Commissioner, Board of Health, and HPD
5. Lisi 1/19/16: Ordered that the City Council approve and ratify an agreement between the City of Holyoke and O’Connell Development Group, and in accordance with Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 59, sec. 38H, for payment in lieu of taxes (“PILOT”) of certain personal property tax obligations for a solar facility located on property at Kelly Way. Map 176, Parcel 48, Holyoke, MA.
6. Lisi 1/19/16: City Council approve and ratify an agreement between the City of Holyoke and Dinn Brothers, Inc., and in accordance with Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 59, sec. 38H, for payment in lieu of taxes (“PILOT”) of certain personal property tax obligations for a solar facility located on the property at Bobala Rd. Map 174, Parcel 34, Holyoke, MA.
7. Sullivan 3/2/16: Order: the City Council initiate a Home Rule Petition for Prevailing Wages Exemptions. This would be to exempt Holyoke from complying with Sections 26 through 27g of Chapter 149 G.L. for projects estimated to cost $35,000 or less
8. Lebron-Martinez 4/5/16: Order: That the city place 4 stop signs in intersections where lights are not working and are blinking to prevent accidents until these lights are fully repair.
9. Leahy 4/5/16: Order: the City place 4 Stop signs in intersections where lights are not working and are blinking to prevent accidents until these lights are fully repaired.
10: Jourdain 3/2/16: Order: That the City Engineer review the intersection at West Franklin and Linden Street. It is a dangerous intersection that needs further safety remediation. Please examine if a flashing light as well as making it a 3 way intersection with Linden St fully one way as possible solutions. Please report back to City Council as soon as possible.
11. Lebron-Martinez 3/15/16: Order: that a “No Parking Sign that reads no parking between 2:00pm-4:00pm Monday thru Friday be place on Samosett Street in front of Kelly School for safety and visual purpose.
12: Valentin 3/15/16: “That the area on Beech Street, on southbound lane within 100′ south of Hampshire Street and on northbound lane within 120′ south of Hampshire Street, be designated as a “No Parking” area. That this change be implemented as soon as possible to improve safety for drivers at this intersection.”
13: Valentin 3/15/16: Order: That “NO PARKING” signs be installed on Cabot Street (between Linden and Oak) based on safety concerns regarding limited visibility.
14. Roman 1/5/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke create a four way stop sign intersection at the corner of Elm Street and Franklin Street in Holyoke
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on April 21, 2016 by allenr