Ordinance/Planning Board Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on September 13, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of Previous meeting minutes
2. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED: Lopez: Order: the City Council adopt a Special Permit/application for any Methadone/Suboxone Clinics coming to the City.
3. Zone Change application of Mont Marie Property LLC for property address 34 Lower Westfield Rd. Holyoke MA (Assessors Map 118 Block 00 Parcel 005) from current zone RA to proposed zone RO.
4. Petition for a text change of a Zoning Ordinance for Mont Marie Property LLC for property address 34 Lower Westfield Rd. Holyoke MA (Assessors Map 118 Block 00 Parcel 005) Text change is as follows: “Petitioner is requesting a text change to the Zoning Ordinance to add “for every five (5) acres of land area” at the end of section 4.3 subsections 22, 24 and 24A on the Use Chart to allow for larger buildings on a larger size parcel that can accommodate greater than 2,500 square feet.”
5. Vending License application of Mrs. Jearnett Palau to operate a Frappe Batidos business at 113 Sargeant St
6. 7. Jourdain: order that Division 3 entitled “Purchasing Department” of Chapter 2 of the Code of Ordinances be reviewed and amended as necessary for consistency with the thresholds set by M.G.L. ch. 30B.
7. Bartley: Order: That the City of Holyoke amend Chapter 30 of its Code of Ordinances to provide for the public procurement of outside legal counsel. Since Chapter 30B, Section 1(15), exempts procurement of legal services from public bid laws, this Order would supersede state law and increase consumer protection. (x2 Bartley, Soto duplicate order)
8. Bartley: Order To strengthen procurement laws, the city of Holyoke will put police ordered towing and any other public towing services out to bid on at least a biennial basis.
9. Jourdain 8/2/16 Order: that an Ordinance or Special Act be created to provide for the City to accept a Host Community Agreement with the consent of the Mayor and City Council for any medical marijuana facility to be located in the City.
10. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke strengthen its residency requirements for employees, this includes all interim department heads and all non union positions. Also that an “interim” department head shall only be allowed to be a non resident for one (1) year after given the title and then must re-locate to the City of Holyoke in order to continue on in said position.
11. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke urge the Mayor during contract negotiations with all union contracts that stronger provisions for residency requirements be implemented.
12. Jourdain 2/16/16: Order: the City Council consider the acceptance of all private ways in the City of Holyoke as public ways.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on September 7, 2016 by allenr