Ordinance Planning Board Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday, October 11, at 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
- Previous meeting minutes
2. Zone a change application for Mr. James Ryan, 228 Sargeant Street LLC, for a Zone Change for 226-230 Sargeant St. (Map 089 Block 00 Parcel 017) from R2 to BL.
3. Vacon: Ordered that the sign ordinance for BH and BG zones be reviewed and revised to increase the maximum surface area permitted for each sign as of right from 40 to 75 ft. for business with less than 25,000 square feet of floor area and from 80 to 150 ft. by special permit. Also in the BH and BG zones for businesses with 25,000 or more feet of floor space maximum surface area permitted for each sign as of right is 200 square feet and up to 400 square feet by special permit.
4. Jourdain 9/6/16: Order: ordinances related to ancillary structures be reviewed for possible revisions; particularly as it relates to garages.
5. Sullivan 8/2/16: Order: That no property owned by the city of Holyoke, it’s Redevelopment Authority, HEDIC, or H.G.&E. shall have any use restrictions placed on it without the approval of the City Council. The practice of leaving hazardous wastes on sites through the use of Alternative Use Limitation (AUL) or Beneficial Use Determination (BUD) can have a negative impact on future uses. The value of the land could be greatly diminished and lead to even more costly remediation in the future.
6. Vacon 8/2/16: Order: That any person or group soliciting money from the public on city (public) property must obtain a permit from the police department prior to any solicitation.
The permit shall remain in effect for a time designated by the Police Chief for up to 1year
and shall be obtained at least annually. A permit fee may be charged to cover costs.
7. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That any seasonal amusement attraction that will be in operation longer than 14 days wanting to operate in the City of Holyoke receive a special permit by the Holyoke City Council. This will ensure community input and conditions, if any, are included and protected.
8. Vacon 6/7/16: Order: That no person shall be appointed to any Board or Commission if any taxes, sewer or water bills are unpaid. A member of any Board or Commission who fails to pay taxes, sewer or water bills shall resign their seat. The Treasurer or Collector shall provide a list of the payment status of each appointed person to the City Council twice a year.
9. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke strengthen its residency requirements for employees, this includes all interim department heads and all non union positions. Also that an “interim” department head shall only be allowed to be a non resident for one (1) year after given the title and then must re-locate to the City of Holyoke in order to continue on in said position.
10. Jourdain 6/21/16: Order: the Wistariahurst Director, appear before the Ordinance
Committee to discuss the creation of new positions in her department and that the creation of these positions be reveiwed by the Law Department and the City Auditor. If necessary ordinance changes be made. Please include what the benefit expense was as well.
11. Vacon 8/2/16: Order: That no budgeted salary line can be increased following approval of the budget without an appropriation submitted to and approved by the City Council.
12. Bartley 9/6/16: Order: The City Council consider revising its ordinances relative to the funds provided to the Mayor’s office in lieu of providing a vehicle.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on October 5, 2016 by allenr