Ordinance Planning Board Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on November 22, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday November 22nd, at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
- Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED: Zone Change Application of James Ryan for property located at 226- 230 Sargeant St. from current zone R2 to Proposed Zone BL
3. Vacon 8/2/16: Order: That the sign ordinance for BH and BG be reviewed and revised to increase the maximum surface area permitted for each sign as of right from 40 to 75 feet for businesses with less than 25000 square feet of floor area and from 80 to 150 feet by special permit. Also, in the BH and BG zones for businesses with 25000 or more feet of floor space maximum surface area permitted for each sign as of right is 200 square feet and up to 400 square feet by special permit.
4. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke strengthen its residency requirements for employees, this includes all interim department heads and all non union positions. Also that an “interim” department head shall only be allowed to be a non resident for one (1) year after given the title and then must re-locate to the City of Holyoke in order to continue on in said position.
5. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That any seasonal amusement attraction that will be in operation longer than 14 days wanting to operate in the City of Holyoke receive a special permit by the Holyoke City Council. This will ensure community input and conditions, if any, are included and protected.
6. Vacon 8/2/16 Order: That any person or group soliciting money from the public on city (public) property must obtain a permit from the police department prior to any solicitation.
The permit shall remain in effect for a time designated by the Police Chief for up to 1year
and shall be obtained at least annually. A permit fee may be charged to cover costs
7. Jourdain: Ordered that ordinances related to ancillary structures be reviewed for possible revisions; particularly as it relates to garages.
8. Bartley 9/21/16: Ordered that the City Council review the City’s laws relative to the licensing of B&Bs. Specifically, the City Council ensure that approval from the Building Commissioner and HFD are necessary prerequisites.
9. Bresnahan 11/15/16: Order: City of Holyoke ordinance committee discuss creating regulations with respect to the Air bed and breakfasts located within City of Holyoke.
10. Vacon 6/7/16: Order: That no person shall be appointed to any Board or Commission if any taxes, sewer or water bills are unpaid. A member of any Board or Commission who fails to pay taxes, sewer or water bills shall resign their seat. The Treasurer or Collector shall provide a list of the payment status of each appointed person to the City Council twice a year.
11. Vacon 8/2/16: Ordered that no budgeted salary line can be increased following approval of the budget without an appropriation submitted to and approved by the City Council.
12. Bartley 9/6/16: Ordered that the City Council consider revising its ordinances relative to the funds provided to the Mayor’s Office in lieu of providing a vehicle.
13. Bartley 8/2/16: Order: The City Council seek input from the city engineer to consider removing 2 of the 4 ‘no parking’ signs on Old Easthampton Rd. Specifically, consider removing the ‘no parking’ signs from pole numbers 45-1 and 45-2. Further, order that a ‘no parking any time’ sign be posted on the west side of Old Easthampton Rd., which would prevent motorists from parking in front of the home owners on that street. Finally, order that the Administrative Assistant send written notice to the home owners on Old Easthampton Rd. when a hearing date is scheduled with the Ordinance Committee.
14. Leahy 9/6/16: Order: That Chapter 86 of the Code of Ordinances be amended as necessary in order prohibit the operation of commercial vehicles on Dartmouth Street.
15. Bartley 9/21/16: Order: The City Council consider an on-street parking ban for the winter months for certain streets that due to accumulated snowfall become too narrow and impede or prevent emergency vehicles from passing through.
16. Vacon 9/21/16: Order: Place speed limit signs on Clayton Road and other side streets off of Homestead that are being used to cut through from Homestead to Rt. 202 so that police can enforce. There has been an increase in safety concerns in the neighborhood with drivers cutting through at high speeds during rush hours.
17. Bartley: Order: The City Council create by Ordinance Resident Only Parking on Mackintosh Terrace that would allow parking on-street parking on the north side of the street from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. only for cars that are registered with the City and that display the necessary decal. Further, the City Council establish relevant signage.
18. McGee: Order that pursuant to the public safety committee recommendation, June 21, 2016, the ordinance committee adopt an ordinance changing the DPW’s policy making procedures on the ability to limit Holyoke residents from use of the yard waste area due to the tax payers trailer size. The DPW’s argument is that it is looking to stop contractors from using the yard illegally by imposing a blanket policy that impacts taxpaying residents instead of doing their due diligence to stop the illegal use.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on November 17, 2016 by allenr