Ordinance Meeting Public Hearing Text Size
Event takes place on May 24, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday May 24, at 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of Previous meeting minutes
2.Lisi 5/19/15: Joint Public Hearing Ordinance Committee/ Planning Board: 6:30pm. Ordered that the City Council review the Business General (BG), Business Highway (BH), Shopping Center (SC), and IG (General Industry) zoning ordinances to see if they can be consolidated and/or reformulated to make more intuitive and business-friendly commercial districts
3. Lisi 5/19/15: PUBLIC HEARING Ordered that the City Council work to pass an operable sewer rate that lifts the burden on the budget shortfall off of the tax payers.
4. Jourdain 5/3/16: Order: the City Council adopt an ordinance for water shut-off authority for the Holyoke Water Department.
5. Zone change application of Frontier Development at 1575 Northampton St. former Lynch School (Map 105 Block 00 Parcel 061) from current zone: R-1A to proposed zone BH.
6. Petition of Dennis Croteau of Holyoke for a zone change at 79 & 83 Lower Westfield Rd. from BL to BG or IG
7. Bartley 6/3/14: Order: That the City of Holyoke amend Chapter 30 of its Code of Ordinances to provide for the public procurement of outside legal counsel. Since Chapter 30B, Section 1(15), exempts procurement of legal services from public bid laws, this Order would supersede state law and increase consumer protection.
8. Soto 6/3/14: Order: That the City of Holyoke amends Chapter 30 of its Code of Ordinances to provide for the public procurement of ambulance service. Since Chapter 30B, Section 1(24), exempts procurement of ambulance services from public bid laws, this Order would supersede state law and increase consumer protection.
9. Bartley 6/3/14: Order That the City of Holyoke amends Chapter 30 of its Code of Ordinances to provide for the public procurement of banking service. Since Chapter 30B, Section 1(23), exempts procurement of banking services from public bid laws, this Order would supersede state law and increase consumer protection.
10. Bartley 2/2/16: Order: To strengthen procurement laws, the city of Holyoke will put police ordered towing and any other public towing services out to bid on at least a biennial basis
11. Roman 4/5/16: Ordered the Animal Control Officer immediately remove the current outdoor feeding/ shelter for cats located on Main St. near Dean Tech High School, there is a lack of legal permits, and the residents/neighbors are being adversely effected
12. Roman: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 136 Sargeant St. for Ivonne Mora
13. Jourdain 5/17/16: Ordered, that in accordance with Section 2-349 (c) “Licenses” of the Code of Ordinances, that the City Council approve the lease of Roberts Field to the Holyoke Blue Sox.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 13, 2016 by allenr