Ordinance Meeting 7/25/17 Text Size
Event takes place on July 25, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday, July 25, at 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. McGee 4/4/17: Order: that the city install permanent speed bumps on George Frost Drive, resident petition to be filed. Temporary speed bumps and traffic study has been completed.
3. Petition of Dennis Croteau for a zone change at 79 Lower Westfield Rd. from current zone BL to proposed zone BH. (Map 117 Block 00 Parcel 003)
4. Petition of Dennis Croteau for a zone change at 83 Lower Westfield Rd. from current zone R-1A to proposed zone BH (Map 117 Block 00 Parcel 004)
5. McGee 5/2/17: Order: Whereas new businesses that have developed around the mall area are looking for better directional signage for their business and such signage could be placed on private property owners property, it is therefore requested that the ordinance committee consider a possible new ordinance
6. Sullivan4/4/17: Order that the Ordinance Committee Review section 6.4.5 #5 signs-institutional use
7. Roman 5/23/17: Ordered that the City of Holyoke pass a moratorium on the approval of any recreational marijuana retailers, growers and distributors. Moratorium would expire December 31, 2018.
8. Jourdain 6/20/17: Order: That the fine for overtime parking be increased from $10 to $20 as requested by the department, and other violations.
9. Roman 8/2/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke remove the loud speaker permit authority from the Police Department and include any loud speaker / outdoor permitting in special permits issued by the licencing board, this will improve efficiency, transparency and equity when issuing permits for loud speaker permits.
10. Lopez 2/21/17: Order: That the Ordinance Committee starts the process of drafting an Ordinance for the City Council to have own legal representative instead of the Acting City Solicitor.
11. Order: That Sec 2-157 of the City Ordinances be amended as follows in bolded italic type:
Sec. 2-157. – Absence, vacancy or disability, city solicitor.
In the case of the absence, vacancy, or disability of the city solicitor, or in the case of the failure of the city council to confirm the city solicitor under section 34 of the Charter, the most senior assistant city solicitor, in number of years of continuous service to the city, shall act as the city solicitor and head of the law department for a period of time not to exceed ninety (90) days. If the senior assistant city solicitor shall have acted as city solicitor for at least 90 days then he or she shall be removed from that acting position immediately, and no other member of the department may be eligible to serve in that capacity on an acting basis.
12. McGee 9/21/16: Order: that the ordinance committee look into increasing the fines on property owners who violate the ordinance when performing illegal car repair on their property.
13: Roman: That the DPW / PVTA begin process of approved Ordinance changes of bus stops in front of 68 Cabot Street and 475 Maple Street and that DPW paint “NO PARKING – EMERGENCY VEHICLES ONLY” only spaces that were also approved by committee / council.
14. Lopez 6/6/17: Order: That the Ordinance Committee and the law department establisher look into a new ordinance for solicitation/panhandling near any interceptions in the city that will not be allowed at least 200 Ft from any interceptions, Schools, Library, Stores, and day care. Also, that any solicitation or panhandling Person/Organization obtain a $5.00 permit from the City Council. Any medians in the City will have no loitering signs and a fine of $50.00 for anyone without a permit.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on July 7, 2017 by allenr