Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on May 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday. May 10 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Previous meeting minutes
2. Zone change application of Frontier Development at 1575 Northampton St. former Lynch School (Map 105 Block 00 Parcel 061) from current zone: R-1A to proposed zone BH.
3. Jourdain 5/3/16: Order: the City Council adopt an ordinance for water shut-off authority for the Holyoke Water Department.
4. Lisi 5/19/15: Order: that the City Council work to pass an operable sewer rate that lifts the burden of the budget shortfall off of the tax payers
5. Vacon 1/5/16: Ordered that No Parking After Dark signs be added to parking areas near the reservoirs so that towing can be enforced. An increasing number of parked cars have been noted at these areas after dark.
6. Vacon 5/3/16: Order: That “No Parking” signs be placed on 202 northbound across from the entrance to Ashley Reservoir. This has become a serious safety risk with people parking cars so they encroach on the travel lane and pedestrians jaywalking; endangering themselves and drivers traveling on 202.
7. Bartley: Order: To amend Holyoke Code of Ordinances Chapter 22, Sections 161-163 (Pawnbrokers),and Chapter 66 (Secondhand dealers), by requiring that all city businesses subject to these laws be required to photograph any merchandise it receives, buys and sells, and to photograph any Sellers, and then upload the photos onto a police computer system for the purpose of making an electronic record. Currently, pawnbrokers are only required to keep a “book…open to the inspection of the Mayor or city council” or any other duly authorized person. Further, the amendment should require said dealers to hold items for at least 30 days prior to resale and the amendment should require pawnbrokers and secondhand dealers to register with the Chief of Police (i.e. Section 62-73) like Peddlers, Hawkers and Solicitors must do.
8. Roman: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 136 Sargeant St. for Ivonne Mora
9. Lebron-Martinez 4/5/16: Order: That the city place 4 stop signs in intersections where lights are not working and are blinking to prevent accidents until these lights are fully repair.
10. Leahy 4/5/16: Order: the City place 4 Stop signs in intersections where lights are not working and are blinking to prevent accidents until these lights are fully repaired.
11. Jourdain 3/2/16: Order: That the City Engineer review the intersection at West Franklin and Linden Street. It is a dangerous intersection that needs further safety remediation. Please examine if a flashing light as well as making it a 3 way intersection with Linden St fully one way as possible solutions. Please report back to City Council as soon as possible.
12. Lebron-Martinez 3/15/16: Order: that a “No Parking Sign that reads no parking between 2:00pm-4:00pm Monday thru Friday be place on Samosett Street in front of Kelly School for safety and visual purpose
13. Valentin 3/15/16: Order: That “NO PARKING” signs be installed on Cabot Street (between Linden and Oak) based on safety concerns regarding limited visibility.
14. Roman 1/5/16: Order: That the City of Holyoke create a four way stop sign intersection at the corner of Elm Street and Franklin Street in Holyoke
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 5, 2016 by allenr