Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on June 09, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday June 9 at 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Previous Meeting Minutes
2. 11/18/14 Alexander: Ordered: that the Council consider allowing parking as a principal use by special permit in each Zone presently in use in the downtown area, and craft permit criteria to properly regulate such use.
3. 4/7/15 Vacon Order that the bus stop on Lower Westfield Road be moved to improve traffic flow and passenger safety per request of the PVTA.
4. 11/18/14 Bartley: Ordered, that Section 86-326 be amended to correct the location of the existing bus stop at the South Street Plaza and to establish a second bus stop on the north side of South Street. In addition, the PVTA will install a cross walk in the location of the new bus stop on the north side of South Street.
5. 10/21/14 Jourdain: Order: that the City Council review the ordinances and policies related to installation of bus stops.
6. 11/18/14 Bartley: To amend the Ordinances relative to parking in front of 5-7 Martin St. to (a) remove the Handicap parking sign and (b) install up to 4 spaces that provides 1-hour parking Tuesday through Saturday during regular business hours.
7. 10/7/14 Soto: Order: That all City Department personnel wear a city of Holyoke ID badge listing what department they represent when in the public.
8. 8/5/14 Valentin: Order: That in lieu of a costly and impracticable public acceptance of Owens Place as a public way, the City Council enacts an ordinance authorizing temporary repairs to Owens Place. According to Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 40, § 6N, a municipality’s voluntary undertaking to repair does not transform the nature of a private way into a public one. The ordinance or by-law authorizing temporary repair of a private way must “determine (a) the type and extent of repairs; (b) if drainage shall be included; (c) if the repairs are required by public necessity; (d) the number of percentage of abutters who must petition for such repairs; (e) if betterment charges shall be assessed; (f) the liability limit of the city or town on account of damages caused by such repairs; (g) if the ways shall have been opened to public use for a term of years; and (h) if a cash deposit shall be required for said repairs.”
9. 5/19/15 Lisi: Ordered that the City Council work to pass an operable sewer rate that lifts the burden of the budget shortfall off of the tax payers
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on June 3, 2015 by allenr