Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on May 26, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday May 26 at 6:30 p.m.
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Flea Market Application for Mr. David Roman on 60 Jackson St.
2. Ordered, that Section 2-35 of the Code of Ordinances, entitled “Classification and Compensation Plans” be amended to incorporate a new Classification and Compensation Plan, Elected Official Salary Ordinance and Miscellaneous Salary Schedule based upon the results of the HRS Salary Study, and that the current DH, PR and Miscellaneous Salary Schedules, as well as any other amendments previously adopted under this section be repealed.
3. Lisi 5/5/15: Order: That the City Council review the ordinance related to longevity pay to see if they are still merrited after the passage and implementation of the market, based salaries presented in the HRS Salary Plan
4. that the City Council adopt an ordinance to reallocate the $4,000 stipends that were previously allocated to Geriatric Authority members to the volunteer members of the Planning Board. The dissolution of the Geriatric Authority frees up a small sum of money that may be used to compensate the members of the very active and labor intensive Planning Board.
5. Soto 1/6/15: Order: that an ordinance be created that prohibits the Mayor, Treasurer or Clerk from taking on any other employment that would preclude their ability to be physically present during the normal working hours of city hall. If the full-time elected official is unable to be present during the normal working hours of city hall then upon request of a majority vote of the city council to cease such employment they fail to comply with this request their office may be declared vacant by a subsequent majority vote of the Council.
6. Alexander 2/3/15: Ordered: That all permit renewals applications include a list of any/all special conditions attached to the original Permit, plus a file documenting any complaints/violations/remedial actions taken before renewal can be granted
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 21, 2015 by allenr