Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on May 12, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday May 12 at 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Bartley 3/17/15: Ordered that the City Council consider allowing parking as a principal use by special permit in each Zone presently in use in the downtown area, and craft permit criteria to properly regulate such use.
2. Bartley 3/17/15: Ordered that the city adopt Ordinances to control the position, size and other attributes of parking areas in residential zones, and limitations on the number and type of vehicle appropriate for each zone.
3. Lisi 8/5/14 Order: that the City Council Ordinance Committee work with the Planning Department and City Clerk’s office to re-craft the application process for special permits for auto vehicle sales and vehicle repair. It has become clear that the current process does not serve the interest of business applicants, nor does it provide adequate information to relevant city departments involved in assessing proposed projects.
4. Lisi 3/17/15:Order that the Council consider amending Zone SC to allow for certain additional business types.
5. Alexander 3/17/15: Ordered that the city create a Shopping Center Zoning Code designed for such large-scale districts, including but not limited to the Kmart Plaza (King Street), the South Street Plaza, the Holyoke Crossing Plaza, the Stop & Shop Plaza (Lincoln Street); taking into account both present tenancies and desired future development of such properties, with appropriate criteria to ensure proper development and use of such properties; and further, that the City rezone all such properties into the new Shopping Center Zone.
6. Zone Change Application from Hellen Norris/Holyoke First from BG to RM-20 Map 116 Block 00 Parcel 001 Known as Whiting Farms Rd. 18 Acre Parcel
* Recommendation from the Planning Board on said zone change
7. Zone Change Application for Gary Rome from BG to BH Map 116, 00 Parcel 001 Known as Whiting Farms Rd. 18-Acre Parcel
* Recommendation of the Planning Board on said zone change
8. Zone Change Application for Frances Lavelle From Zone BG to BH on Map 169 Block 00 Parcel 010 known as 200 Whiting Farms Rd. * Recommendation from Planning Board on said zone change.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 7, 2015 by allenr