Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on February 05, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Thursday Feb. 5th at 6:30PM
Per order of the Vice Chair: Gordon Alexander
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 1/20/15 Valentin: order: That the handicap parking sign located on School Street (the corner of School and Dwight) be removed. This order adopted by the Council in October 2014, however, the measurements that were adopted incorrectly listed the sign as being located on Dwight Street. The correct legal form is attached.
3. Special permit application for Carmen Garcia for a new motor vehicle repair garage at 640 South Bridge St. have considered the same and recommend that the application be approved under the condition that a letter is received from the plumbing inspector confirming that the building does have the oil/gas separator (MDC trap).
4. 1/20/15 Bartley: Order that The City Council name the street being built from Westfield Rd. (Route 202) to Holyoke Community College in honor of John “Jack” Doyle. Mr. Doyle, a 1951 H.C.C. graduate, who passed away in 2011, was a Holyoke native, long-time member of the HCC Foundation Board and a strong advocate for the campus. Naming the street in his honor is supported by both the current and past HCC administrations. The name of “Jack Doyle Drive” or some similar name should be ordained.
5. Alexander: Ordered that the City Council create an ordinance allowing the Commission on Disabilities to manage handicap spaces.
6.12/16/14 Vacon, Jourdain: That department head positions, appointed or elected, in the Supervisory Group currently designated “no regular hours” be designated to be a minimum of 35 hours per week and be available to the public when city hall is open.
7. 1/20/15 Jourdain: Ordered that it be ordained by the City Council of the City of Holyoke as follows:
SECTION 1. Chapter 2 entitled “Administration” of the revised Code of
Ordinances of the City of Holyoke, Massachusetts, 1997, as amended, is hereby amended
by deleting there from Section 2-35, the salary for the City Treasurer, and by inserting in
place thereof the following:
Effective March 1, 2015, the City Treasurer shall receive a salary of $20,000.00.
SECTION 2. All ordinances or parts of ordinances inconsistent herewith are
hereby repealed .
SECTION 3. This ordinance shall take effect on the date of passage.
8. 1/20/15 Jourdain: Ordered that the City Treasurer provide the City Council, in person, an update at an Ordinance Committee on the audit he claims he has been working on; including how much time of his this involves.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on January 30, 2015 by allenr