Ordinance Committee Meeting – Cancelled Due to Weather Text Size
Event takes place on January 27, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
PLEASE NOTE: MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE INCOMING SNOW STORM. PLEASE STAY POSTED FOR NEW ORDINANCE MEETING DATE
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday January 27 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Vice Chair: Gordon Alexander
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 1/20/15 Valentin: order: That the handicap parking sign located on School Street (the corner of School and Dwight) be removed. This order adopted by the Council in October 2014, however, the measurements that were adopted incorrectly listed the sign as being located on Dwight Street. The correct legal form is attached.
3. Special permit application for Carmen Garcia for a new motor vehicle repair garage at 640 South Bridge St. have considered the same and recommend that the application be approved under the condition that a letter is received from the plumbing inspector confirming that the building does have the oil/gas separator (MDC trap).
4. 1/20/15 Bartley: Ordered That the Holyoke Community College South Access Road, as laid out in the plan prepared by Tighe & Bond Consulting Engineers be accepted as a public way.
5. Alexander: Ordered that the City Council create an ordinance allowing the Commission on Disabilities to manage handicap spaces.
6. 1/20/15 Jourdain: Ordered that it be ordained by the City Council of the City of Holyoke as follows:
SECTION 1. Chapter 2 entitled “Administration” of the revised Code of
Ordinances of the City of Holyoke, Massachusetts, 1997, as amended, is hereby amended
by deleting there from Section 2-35, the salary for the City Treasurer, and by inserting in
place thereof the following:
Effective March 1, 2015, the City Treasurer shall receive a salary of $20,000.00.
SECTION 2. All ordinances or parts of ordinances inconsistent herewith are
hereby repealed .
SECTION 3. This ordinance shall take effect on the date of passage.
7. 1/20/15 Jourdain: Ordered that the City Treasurer provide the City Council, in person, an update at an Ordinance Committee on the audit he claims he has been working on; including how much time of his this involves.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on January 22, 2015 by allenr