Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on December 09, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday December 9 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes
2. Special Permit Application for a Motor Vehicle Repair Garage at 829 Main St. for Mr. Ismael Rivera
3. Special Permit Application for a Special Permit to allow a commercial drive-thru at 1553 Dwight St. for Pride Limited Partnership
4. Lisi 5/20/14: Order: That the city council consider whether its more appropriate for the Planning Board or the City Council to issue any of the special permits that are not explicitly listed in Table 4.3 (Principal Uses) of the Zoning Ordinances
5. Lisi 10/21/14: Order: That the city adopt the Complete Streets Ordinance drafted by the Holyoke Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee
6. McGee: : Order that the Ordinance Committee create an ordinance allowing the DPW to operate/manage the City notification Alert System. Also the alert message should also be broadcast in both English and Spanish
7. Alexander 10/7/14: Ordered: That the council create an ordinance defining that process including neighborhood and abutter considerations for site selection, consideration of any pedestrian, traffic or other hazards possibly created, clarification of installation, maintenance, removal and restoration responsibilities both physical and financial, consideration of any potential liability on the part of the city, and consideration of any other impacts to the urban environment or municipal finances created by such installations, city and consideration of any other impacts to the urban environment or municipal finances created by such installations.
8. Petition of Holyoke First Residents to give zone change petition 0f Whiting Farms Road Parcel ID 116-00-001 leave to withdraw without prejudice.
9. Bresnahan 12/2/14: That the City of Holyoke adopt an ordinance in recognizing the term Christmas Tree and not Holiday tree for our annual lighting of a tree at City Hall used during the Christmas season, and placed in front of the Holyoke City Hall.
10. Alexander 12/2/14: Ordered: That prior to seizure of any building for back taxes or other debt, the Treasurer present for approval to the Council documentation of the financial impact of such seizure, including any anticipated legal costs, rehab/demo costs and expected revenue from resale of the property, as well as a summary of the rationale for such seizure.
11. Vacon: Order related to process of seizure of property in the City of Holyoke
12. Handicap application for Mr. Lester Forrette on 44 Congress St.
13. Handicap application for Mr. Angel Vasquez on 54 1/2 Davis St.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on December 2, 2014 by allenr