Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on November 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday November 25, at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. Special Permit application for Marcotte Ford for a motor vehicle repair garage at 933 Main St. in Holyoke.
3. Lisi 8/5/14: that the City Council Ordinance Committee work with the Planning Department and City Clerk’s office to re-craft the application process for special permits for auto vehicle sales and vehicle repair. It has become clear that the current process does not serve the interest of business applicants, nor does it provide adequate information to relevant city departments involved in assessing proposed projects.
4. Ordered: That the legal language of any draft Ordinance to be voted on in full Council be published to the City website along with the appropriate Council meeting agenda
5. Lisi 10/21/14: Order: That the city adopt the Complete Streets Ordinance drafted by the Holyoke Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee (see attached).
6. Valentin 8/5/14: Order: That in lieu of a costly and impracticable public acceptance of Owens Place as a public way, the City Council enacts an ordinance authorizing temporary repairs to Owens Place. According to Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 40, § 6N, a municipality’s voluntary undertaking to repair does not transform the nature of a private way into a public one. The ordinance or by-law authorizing temporary repair of a private way must “determine (a) the type and extent of repairs; (b) if drainage shall be included; (c) if the repairs are required by public necessity; (d) the number of percentage of abutters who must petition for such repairs; (e) if betterment charges shall be assessed; (f) the liability limit of the city or town on account of damages caused by such repairs; (g) if the ways shall have been opened to public use for a term of years; and (h) if a cash deposit shall be required for said repairs.”
7: Valentin 11/18/14: That the area on Hampden St. in front of 728 Hampden (between Clinton and O’Connor) be designated as a “No Parking” area. That this change be implemented as soon as possible to eliminate the major visibility and safety issues for drivers exiting O’Connor Ave. onto Hampden St.
8: Valentin 11/18/14 That the handicap parking spot placed at the corner of Hampden and O’Connor Ave. recently, be moved to O’Connor Ave. as soon as possible to eliminate the major visibility and safety issues for drivers coming out of O’Connor Ave. onto Hampden St.
9: Petition of Holyoke First Residents to give zone change petition 0f Whiting Farms Road Parcel ID 116-00-001 leave to withdraw without prejudice.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on November 20, 2014 by allenr