Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 28, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Holyoke City Council
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
Ordinance and Planning Board
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, Tuesday October 28, at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 8/15/14 Valentin: Order: That in lieu of a costly and impracticable public acceptance of Owens Place as a public way, the City Council enacts an ordinance authorizing temporary repairs to Owens Place. According to Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 40, § 6N, a municipality’s voluntary undertaking to repair does not transform the nature of a private way into a public one. The ordinance or by-law authorizing temporary repair of a private way must “determine (a) the type and extent of repairs; (b) if drainage shall be included; (c) if the repairs are required by public necessity; (d) the number of percentage of abutters who must petition for such repairs; (e) if betterment charges shall be assessed; (f) the liability limit of the city or town on account of damages caused by such repairs; (g) if the ways shall have been opened to public use for a term of years; and (h) if a cash deposit shall be required for said repairs.”
3. Ordered that the section of Chestnut St. between Dwight and Hampden St. be designated as “William Taupier Way”
4. Order: refilled to be referred to Ordinance Committee, which has recently reported two similar orders regarding street names. Ordered, that the section of Chestnut St. between Dwight and Hampden St. (in front of Holyoke Catholic) be designated as “William Taupier way”
5. Application for a Special Permit by Gary Rome for an outdoor sales lot for new and used motor vehicles and trucks and marine & recreational vehicles establishment- said lot is located in a BH IG or BE district, CH7.2.1 Property St. number is 1010 Main St.
6. Special Permit Application by the Greater Holyoke YMCA for a Zone Change at 399 Appleton St. from current zone DR to Proposed Zone BC. Map/Parcel # 005-07-004 Book and Page # 19055/448
7. Lisi 8/5/14: Ordered that the Holyoke City Council work with the Planning Board and the Clerk’s office to re-craft the application process for special permit applications for auto vehicle sales and auto vehicle repair.
8. Ordered a handicap placard be created for Juana Ramos at 318 Elm St. Placard #971079571
9. Ordered that a handicap sign be placed at 24 East Court, for Catalina Rivera Placard# P03786316
10. Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 74 Pine St. for Josefina Medina Placard# P06477361
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on October 22, 2014 by allenr