Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 08, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At the City Hall Council Chambers Tuesday, April 8 , 2014
At 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chairperson: Rebecca Lisi
- Acceptance of Previous Meeting Minutes
- Jourdain: Order an ordinance be created to change the policy regarding vacation leave payouts for non-union employees so that leave is paid on an accrual basis when the employee retires
- Jourdain, Tallman: Ordered that an ordinance be created establishing a stipend of $4,000 per year for the Chairman of the War Memorial Commission
- Bresnahan: Order: City provide a parking space specifically for the City Solicitor on top of the parking deck adjacent to City Hall
- Lisi: City Council review all of the parking spaces on the deck behind city hall and create ordinances that assign at least 5 15-minute spaces to visitors and reserve additional spaces for all of the city hall employees who merit a space based on the frequency with which they travel to and from their offices
- Bartley: In order to accommodate HPD, the city shall designate up to 20 parking spaces for use by only HPD-related vehicles in the lower level of the Mayor Proulx Garage. Said spaces are to be designated on the John St. side of the parking garage. Once a number is determined, the DPW shall mark the parking spaces as “police parking only”. Violators would be subject to a fine and tow.
- Alexander: Ordered That the City Council adopt an Ordinance requiring owners of stores utilizing Shopping Carts to retrieve carts abandoned off-premises within a reasonable timeframe, and establishing a fine and enforcement mechanism for failure to comply.
- Bartley: Ordered, that the PR Salary Schedule of Section 2 of the Code of Ordinances be amended to increase the salary of the Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Mayor from PR 14 to PR 19.
- Lisi: Order: Ordered, that the DH Salary Schedule be amended 1) to change the paygrade for the 2nd Assistant City Solicitor from DH 20 to DH 21; 2) to change the paygrade of Staff Attorney from DH 21 to DH 20; 3) to establish the paygrade of DH 22 for the 1st Assistant City Solicitor.
- Lisi: Order: That in an effort to protect the Quabbin Reservoir from wildlife caused contamination, the City Council adopt an ordinance making it illegal to feed gulls in public places
- Lisi: Ordered that the City Council consider adopting an ordinance that prohibits mobile vendors from selling toy guns
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Asst.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on April 4, 2014 by allenr