Finance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 15, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, October 15, 2014 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Todd McGee
- Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
- Ordered, that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “Emergency Management Performance” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
- Ordered that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the FFY 2015 Underage Alcohol Enforcement Grant
- Ordered: That the sum of $3,200,000 is appropriated to pay costs of designing, constructing, originally equipping and furnishing a new UV Disinfection Facility for the use of the Holyoke Water Department, including the payment of all costs incidental and related thereto, and that to meet this appropriation, the Treasurer, with the approval of the Mayor, is authorized to borrow said amount under and pursuant to Chapter 44, Section 8(4) of the General Laws, or pursuant to any other enabling authority, and to issue bonds or notes of the City therefore. No funds shall be borrowed or expended pursuant to this Order unless and until the Mayor and the Holyoke Water Department have executed a memorandum of agreement providing for the payment of annual debt service on bonds issued by the City pursuant to this Order in monthly installments equal to one-sixth of the annual interest and one-twelfth of annual maturing principal in each year.
Further Ordered: That the Treasurer is authorized to file an application to qualify under Chapter 44A of the General Laws any and all of the bonds or notes authorized to be issued pursuant to this Order, and to provide such information and execute such documents as may be required for such purposes.
- Law Dept. update on Litigation
- Secondhand License application for Mimi Mai for 324 Appleton St.
- Financial Transfer $20,000 for Holyoke Police Department Vehicle
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on October 10, 2014 by allenr