Finance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on May 15, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Thursday May 15, at 6:30PM
Per order of Chairman: Todd McGee
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. McGee: Order: the Legal dept please update the City Council on the status of the munis system and the advances we have made. If the Legal dept no longer handles the munis system then please forward to the appropriate dept handling said matter and have information referred to City Council in 2 weeks.
3. Order: the City look into the purchase of debit/credit card machines for City Hall offices where cash is accepted. Please report back to the Finance Committee within ten days with regard to the cost and possible implementation of such a program.
4. Ordered, that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “Greening the Gateway Cities” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
5. Ordered, that the amount of Nine Thousand Six Hundred Thirty Five & 00/100 Dollars ($9,635.00) be authorized from the Planning & Economic Development Department’s SmartGrowth Zone Incentive (MGL Ch.40R) (1376-57000) appropriation in fiscal year 2014 for services rendered in fiscal year 2013 which were unencumbered at the 2013 fiscal year end.
6. Ordered the City Council accept the Pioneer Valley Regional Brownfields Cleanup Revolving Loan Fund Subgrant
7. McGee Financial Transfer $14,038 FROM: General Fund Free Cash TO Pay: Vacation Leave Buyback $9,038 and Pay Sick Leave Buyback $5,000 (Auditor)
8. McGee: Ordered, that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “Home Depot Foundation Fire Station # 6 Support” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
9. Bresnahan: Ordered that the City Treasurer appear before the finance committee to discuss the recent hiring of three new employees in his office
10. Order: Personnel Director please provide the Council with a copy of the city’s most recent GASB 34 report for the period ending 6/30/13. That both he, the Treasurer and Auditor come in to the Finance Committee to discuss the report, the implications of it for city finances, as well as, what policy changes or other actions should we make to reduce this liability.
11. hereas, Carlos Vega Park is a community-wide asset and the preservation and improvements to this facility is a priority as evidenced in the most recent Open Space and Recreation Plan; and,
Whereas, Carlos Vega Park is dedicated to park and recreation purposes under MGL Chap. 45, Sec. 14; and
Whereas, The Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA) is offering reimbursable grants to cities and towns to support the preservation and restoration of urban parks through the Common backyards Grant Program; and
Whereas, The renovation of Carlos Vega Park will cost a total of $200,000 (two hundred thousand dollars) and the City has designated $200,000 in fiscal year 2014 Community Development Block grants to fund this project..
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT:
That the Mayor be and is hereby authorized to file and accept grants from the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs; and
The EOEEA is offering a reimbursable grant $200,000 for the renovation of Carlos Vega Park, and
That by accepting this grant, Carlos Vega Park shall remain open to the general public and used for appropriate outdoor recreation in perpetuity; and
That the Mayor be and is hereby authorized to take such other actions as are necessary to carry out the terms, purposes, and conditions of this grant to be administered by the Department of Public Works; and
That this resolution shall take effect upon passage.
12. Ordered, that the amount of Eight Thousand & 00/100 Dollars ($8,000) be authorized from the Police Department’s FY2013 SSYI Grant (1011-52000) appropriation in fiscal year 2014 for services rendered in fiscal year 2013 which were unencumbered at the 2013 fiscal year end.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 9, 2014 by allenr