Development and Govt. Relations Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on February 23, 2015 at 6:15 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
Development and Government Relations
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday February 23, at 6:15pm
Per order of the Chair: David Bartley
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 1/20/15 Bresnahan: Order That the City Council approve Marcotte Ford’s TIF application.
3. 12/16/14 Valentin: Order that the Development & Governmental Relations Committee invite in the Historical Commission and Office of Community Development, and OPED to discuss what is needed to update the City’s Historic Inventory and foster development of a plan to accomplish this task.
4. 12/16/14 Valentin: Order that the Development & Governmental Relations Committee work with the Historical Commission, Office of Community Development, Building Commissioner, and Fire Department to develop a risk assessment tool with objective criteria to determine the level of each property’s risk of loss and of potential harm to neighbors or the public. This assessment tool should be performed on each property in the Historic Inventory. Such a tool would facilitate a triage for intervention and allow prioritization for attention.
5. 12/16/15 Jourdain: Order that the Ordinance committee review the procedures for building demolitions and determine if new ordinances can and need to be adopted to have greater transparency and accountability during the process.
6. 12/16/15 McGee: Order: that the park and recreation department come in and provide an updated report regarding the Scott’s tower revitalization project.
7. 5/6/14 McGee, Alexander, Jourdain: Order: that the park and recreation department develop an RFP for the redevelopment of the Scott Towers area. A committee should be established and community involvement/ideas offered in the manner that was done for the community field project.
8. 10/7/14 Alexander: Order: Whereas: The purpose and historical basis for the various Zones in Holyoke’s Zoning Ordinances are somewhat unclear and a broader understanding will help guide the council in its deliberations regarding zoning and land-use issues Ordered: That the council invite the Planning Department to a meeting of the committee on D&GR to make a presentation on the nature, purpose, benefits and drawbacks of our current zoning system and zoning map.
Further ordered that the Committee consider inviting the Planning Board to schedule a joint meeting with the Committee to further this discussion.
9. 6/21/11: Order: that Holyoke City Council adopt a resolution in support of expanding the Massachusetts Bottle Bill.
10. 12/4/12 McGiverin: Order: the City Council redevelopment Committee invite Eric Suher and any casino developers to present any casino plans
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on February 11, 2015 by allenr