Development and Government Relations Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on December 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
Development and Govt. Relations
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Thursday December 11 at 5:30PM
Per order of the Chair: David Bartley
1. Acceptance of previous meeting’s minutes
2. Alexander: That the Council invite the Conservation Commission to join the Committee on D&GR to present an update on their role in project review, current activities, longer term plans and other items
3. Jourdain: Ordered that in accordance with the newly adopted Section 2-161 of the Code of Ordinances the City Council approve the Law Department’s representation of HEDIC and the HRA, as more specifically detailed in the communication from Mayor Morse
4. Jourdain: Ordered, now that the Mt Tom Quarry is closed what does the developer plan to do in terms of reclamation. During the 1998-1999 discussions of this proposal, many promises were made as to how the property would look when the quarry was closed and how the property would be properly reclaimed. Many beautiful illustrations were provided as to what it might look like. I request the Development committee review this issue, invite key players in to discuss and learn what the future holds for the former quarry.
5. Lisi: Ordered that the City Council request the Citizen Advisory Group created last October come in to update us in their progress in developing a re-use study for the Mount Tom Power Plant. The assessor and other City departments related to the CAC should be invited in to discuss next steps as well.
6. Bartley: Ordered that seeing how the former Shop Rite has remained vacant for at least 25 years, invite the Economic Development Director and the Assessor’s office into City Council to discuss how the City can work with the owners of K-Mart plaza to improve this area.
7. Communication from Marcos Marrero and update on Liquor Licenses in Holyoke
8. Communication regarding status of Geriatric Authority of Holyoke
9. Vega: Ordered that the Olde Holyoke Development Corp. the Building Commissioner and the Board of Health work together to properly secure the Armory Building
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on December 3, 2014 by allenr