Conway School Presentations in Holyoke Text Size
Event takes place on June 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM until 7:30 PM
MGHPCC 100 Bigelow Street
The Holyoke Conservation Commission is excited to invite the Conway School to Holyoke to present about its recent ecological design and planning work in Holyoke and Springfield.
Students and administrators from the Conway School will present three projects completed in Holyoke and Springfield during this Winter Term:
- A “Green Streets Guidebook” infrastructure project for Holyoke
- A “Placemaking Ideabook” for the Holyoke Innovation District
- An urban agriculture plan looking at vacant lots in Springfield
About the Conway School:
- provide graduates with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to practice planning, design, and management of the land that respects nature as well as humanity;
- develop ecological awareness, understanding, respect, and accommodation in its students and project clients;
- produce projects that fit human use to natural conditions.
The school’s mission guides decision-making at every level: who is hired, what projects are undertaken, how courses are structured, and what offices and sites are visited on field trips. While the program is thoroughly based on ecological knowledge and practices, Conway’s educational focus is on design of the land rather than environmental science.
Posted on June 6, 2014 by tromboletti