Committee on Public Safety Text Size
Event takes place on May 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM
City Council Chamber 536 Dwight St. Holyoke MA
- Ferreira: Order that the City Treasurer, Building Commissioner, and Purchasing Director come before the Public Safety subcommittee and explain their plan to clean up the site of the fire on Pine St. and how we can ensure a faster cleanup in the event of future fires.
- Bartley/Soto: Order that the License Board review the fees it charges vendors, other than those dealing in alcohol-related business, fir initial applications and renewals and report all fees to the City Council.
- Soto: Order that a representative of the Fire Dept. come before the City Council and give an update on what’s being done to keep the traffic lights in working condition.
- Soto: Order that the Fire Department come be before the City Council and provide updates on ongoing and unsettled cases regarding accidents involving traffic signal poles for January 1, 2012 to present.
- Ferreira/Lisi/Soto: Order that the City Council vote to approve the operation of a Needle Exchange Program in the City of Holyoke
- McGee/Bresnahan/Jourdain: Order that the City Council place a ballot question on the November 2013 election ballot “Should the City of Holyoke allow a needle exchange program”
- Soto: Order that the City Council send a letter to the undersecretary Aaron Gornstein thanking him regarding reducing the homeless population in hotels
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on May 20, 2013 by cityadmin