City Council: Special Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on June 24, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Special City Council Meeting
June 19, 2015
Holyoke City Clerk Brenna Murphy-McGee
City Hall- 536 Dwight St.
Holyoke MA 01040
Re: Special Meeting of the City Council
Dear Mrs. McGee, please be advised that a Special Meeting of the Holyoke City Council will be held:
DATE: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
TIME: 6:30 PM
PLACE: City Hall: Council ChambersThe agenda for the special meeting is as follows:
1: City Council vote and amendments on FY 2016 proposed budget
2. Special Permit application of Gary Rome for a Motor Vehicle repair garage located at Whiting Farms Road, Map 116-Lot 1
3. Special Permit application of Gary Rome for a Outdoor sales lot for New and Used motor vehicles and trucks and marine & recreational vehicles establishment on Whiting Farms Rd. Map 116- Lot 1
4. Jourdain: Ordered, that whenever a state or federal statute or regulation calls for local approval of any law for applicability in the City of Holyoke that local approval shall only be granted by the City Council.
5. Jourdain: Ordered that the Mayor and City Council approve amendments to the previously adopted petition to the Massachusetts General Court to enact “An Act Relative to the Dissolution of the Geriatric Authority of Holyoke” which has been filed by Representative Vega. See attached draft legislation.
6. The Committee on Ordinance to whom was referred an order that Section 86-326 be amended to correct the location of the existing bus stop at the South Street Plaza and to establish a second bus stop on the north side of South Street. In addition, the PVTA will install a cross walk in the location of the new bus stop on the north side of South Street. Recommend that the order be adopted as amended
7. The Committee on Ordinance to whom was referred an order that the bus stop on Lower Westfield Road be moved to improve traffic flow and passenger safety per request of the PVTA. Recommend that the order be adopted as amended
8. The Committee on Ordinance to whom was referred an order To amend the Ordinances relative to parking in front of 5-7 Martin St. to (a) remove the Handicap parking sign and (b) install up to 4 spaces that provides 1-hour parking Tuesday through Saturday during regular business hours. Recommend that the order be adopted as amended
9. Jourdain: Ordered, that the City Council suspend Rule 1 as it relates to the regularly scheduled meetings to take place on July 7, July 21 and August 18 and these meetings be cancelled for the City Council’s Summer Recess. The City Council will still meet on August 4 for our regular Summer Session meeting.
10. McGee 6/2/15: Financial Transfer request of $440,000 FROM Workers Comp., Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Medicare, P/F Indemnity TO Unemployment
11. McGee 6/2/15: Financial Transfer Request of $90,000 FROM: Life Insurance, P/F Indemnity, Dental TO: Unemployment
12. McGee 6/2/15: Financial Transfer Request of $20,000 FROM: General Fund Free Cash TO Special Counsel
13. Jourdain: Ordered that the City Council approve the use of $128,974 from Fund 0430 to purchase three new police cars (Ford Interceptor Utility vehicles).
14. Jourdain: Ordered, that the City Council vote to approve an exemption from MGL Ch. 268A, Sec. 20(b), the Conflict of Interest Law, for Cynthia Carbone, an employee of the School Department, to enter into a contract with the Board of Health to present at community workshop “Communication in Families to Keep Kids Healthy” sponsored by the board of health.
City Council President
Posted on May 31, 2015 by allenr