Joint Ordinance and Planning Board Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on November 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a joint public meeting of the Committee on
Ordinance and the Planning Board
At the City Council Chambers on Tuesday November 26, 2013
At 6:30P.M. At City Hall in the Council Chambers
Per order of the Chairperson: Rebecca Lisi
· Acceptance of Previous Meeting Minutes
1. ALEXANDER (9/3/13, continued from 9/24/13)
Whereas: Sections 6.1.3 (Parking Setbacks), Section 6.5 (Performance Standards) and Section 6.6 (Landscaping Requirements) do not adequately address the full range of site-specific concerns
Ordered: That these Sections and any related sections of the Zoning Ordinances be reviewed for update
2. Ordered: That the City establish a Zoning Ordinance pertaining to Medical Marijuana and its associated facilities, protecting the public health and safety while remaining consistent with applicable state law.
3. Zone Change Petition from BG (General Business) to IP (Industrial Park) for the land in Holyoke, Hampden County, Massachusetts identified by the City’s Assessors as Map 116 Block 00, Parcel 001, also known as Whiting Farms Road 18-acre Parcel
4. VACON (9/3/13, tabled 10/22/13)
Holyoke institute a moratorium on approving any medical marijuana facility until issues with zoning & code enforcement, as well as public health and public safety issues are addressed.
5. ALEXANDER (9/3/13, tabled 10/22/13)
Whereas: The Commonwealth has by vote approved the creation of Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers/Registered Marijuana Dispensaries, Whereas the state legislation allows for a 6-month temporary moratorium on such uses, and while our current Zoning Ordinance makes no provisions for Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers or Dispensaries,
Ordered: That the City establish a six-month temporary moratorium on the siting or licensing of any such facilities, allowing time for the study and creation of appropriate zoning regulations
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on November 22, 2013 by allenr