The Purchasing Department is committed to delivering outstanding customer services by a well-trained, professional and organized staff.
Our office buys any goods or services, including real estate and construction, required by any city department. State law dictates advertising, purchasing, bidding, and contracting procedures.
In addition, this Department disposes of surplus or obsolete goods or equipment through public sales.
Have questions? Please contact:
Want to know how to obtain a bid package?
For scheduling, bids and contract information, contact Brenda.
Want to check the status of payment?
For accounts payable information, contact Ana.
No posts found.
|BID NO.||DESCRIPTION||DEPT.||DUE DATE|
|873||ASBESTOS ABATEMENT CITY HALL BASEMENT||DPW||12/18/14||10:00 AM|
|874||HVAC REPLACEMENTS CITY HALL & ANNEX||DPW||01/07/15||10:00 AM|
Receipt of Bids:
Bid responses must be received by the date and time specified in the bid documents. All submittals will be date/time stamped and stored until the bid opening date. Bids will be opened in the bid opening room at the date and time specified in the invitation to bid. The Purchasing Department’s time clock stamp is the official time for bids. Bid openings are open to the public.
It is the vendor’s responsibility to ensure there is sufficient time for the invitation to bid to be obtained and returned. The City of Holyoke cannot be held responsible for delays.
All information required by the bid documents must be supplied by the bidder. Failure to provide the required information may be cause for rejection of the bid as non-responsive.
It is the policy of the City of Holyoke in accordance with State procurement regulations to issue awards to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder bidding in accordance with specifications. In determining such, consideration shall be given to the following criteria:
- The ability, capacity and skill of the bidder to provide the goods or services required as stipulated in the specifications of the invitation to bid.
- The capacity of the bidder to provide the goods or services promptly or within required time periods without delay or interference.
- The quality of performance of previous contracts.
- The financial resources and ability of the bidder to perform the contractual requirements.
Notices of invitations for sealed bids for commodities and services purchased are published weekly in the Legal Advertising section of the Republican; publicly posted on the bulletin board in Room 15, City Hall, 536 Dwight Street, Holyoke, MA 01040 and listed below
Vendors intending to protest are encouraged to bring any concerns about a bid or proposal to this office. This office will review in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 30b (Bid Protest) Payment This office along with the receiving department will evaluate the goods or services performed for vendor compliance with all terms and conditions of the agreement. Once the department is satisfied, payment will be made.
Interested in becoming a vendor of the City of Holyoke? Stop on by and introduce yourself to us!
- Please Read Instructions For Bidders Carefully. We understand that government solicitations for bids contain a lot of information and may have mandatory forms to complete, however, non-responsive bids must be rejected.
- Details Matter. A missing signature, a math error, or the failure to complete a portion of a document may result in your bid or proposal being rejected.
- Have All Your Facts. Contact us if you have any questions. However, please keep in mind that in regards to bid solicitations, we must communicate answers to anything but the most general questions to all firms in the vendor pool. This is usually done via an addendum.
- Supplier Diversity. The City remains committed to the development and utilization of small, minority, women, disadvantaged and people with disabilities owned business.
- Communication is Key! We want to work with you, please do not hesitate to give us a call or stop by.
Looking for used furniture? Automobiles? Miscellaneous items?
The Purchasing Department is responsible for the disposal of all City owned property, other than real estate property, that has become surplus to its needs. Once the material or equipment is identified as surplus it is made available for sale through Public Surplus. Here is where you can find a listing of all City surplus equipment and supplies to be auctioned and you will have the ability to bid on the items.
NOTE: Real Estate is a separate bid.
Please visit publicsurplus.com to start your bid process! And be sure to stop by often as the items are always being updated. Please contact us if you have any questions.
City Hall Room 15 536 Dwight Street Holyoke, MA 01040 Map
(413) 322-5651 (fax)
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Share This Page
Posted on November 29, 2012 by Admin Purchasing