- Employment Opportunities
- Retiree Benefits
- Personnel Ordinances
- FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY - SEE THE NUMBERED LINKS BELOW
- 1. Employee Benefits
- 2. For employees - Family Medical Leave Act documents
- 3. For employees - From your Employee Assistance Plan
- 4. For employees only - Internal job postings
- 5. Human Resources Services, Inc. - Classification and Compensation Study for the City of Holyoke
- 6. Personnel Forms
- 7. Personnel Policies
- HR Audit by the Collins Center
- Holyoke Commission on Disabilities
- 2013 MA Legal Holidays
- EEOC Description of Job Categories
Welcome to the City of Holyoke Personnel Department. Our responsibilities include:
- Maintain personnel records
- Administer employee benefits such as health and dental insurance
- Coordinate recruitment activity
- Provide guidance on personnel policy development and implementation
- Maintain the job classification system
- Respond to employee relations issues.
- Serve as staff to the Holyoke Commission on Disabilities
- Coordinate City internship program
- Monitor compliance with related laws and regulations.
Please contact Kim Counter (CounterK@holyoke.org) or me (JudgeR@holyoke.org) by email or phone (413-322-5555) if we can help you.
No posts found.
1. FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, CLICK HERE → Employment-with-the-City-of-Holyoke – July 2013
2. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CURRENT SPECIFIC JOBS, SEE THE JOBS LISTED BELOW:
- Motor Equipment Repair Person – Department of Public Works - October 28, 2013
3. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CIVIL SERVICE LABOR SERVICE JOBS, SEE BELOW:
-For employment opportunities in the Holyoke Public Schools, please see http://www.schoolspring.com/jobs/?employer=11631
-For employment opportunities at Holyoke Gas & Electric, please see http://www.hged.com/html/job_opportunities.html.
2013 HNE Secure Freedom Summary of Benefits
Please watch here for more information soon.
New for July 1, 2013: Flexible Spending Account (FSA):
Health Insurance-Active Plans effective July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014
Guide to Choosing a Health & Dental Insurance Plan (Active Plan) effective July 1, 2013
2013 BCBS PPO Blue Care Elect Preferred
Please note that in accordance with MGL 32B, sec. 19, Surviving Spouses pay 50% of the full premium.
For information on your 403(b) and 457(b) plans, including forms and other documentation, visit the Treasurer’s page.
No “Internal Only” postings at this time.
Please watch here for more information starting in October as the project proceeds.
April 1, 2013:
The City is working with the Collins Center at UMASS Boston to conduct a Human Resources Audit. (See “HR Audit” for more information)
March 1, 2013:
Welcome to Lonese Villanueva, who has joined the Personnel Department as a temporary employee.
From: Alex Morse/COH
Subject: Human Resources & Compliance Audit
Greetings Department Heads,
As you may know, the City has engaged the services of the Edward J. Collins Center for Public Management (http://www.umb.edu/cpm) to conduct a Human Resource and Compliance Audit and to make recommendations about personnel policies, including an employee handbook.
The goal of the audit and policy recommendations is to review the City’s current compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, assess Holyoke’s current practices, and make recommendations to bring Holyoke into compliance and improve its personnel administration.
The Collins Center project team will be interviewing each of you, as department heads, in order to learn how your handle your personnel responsibilities, keep records, and work with the Personnel Department. The project team will also ask each department head about the challenges they face in dealing with personnel issues.
The project team will be in Holyoke on Monday, April 22 and Tuesday, April 23 to conduct interviews. While some interviews will be individual, some will be in small groups. I have asked the Personnel Administrator, Robert Judge to coordinate interviews and appreciate your anticipated cooperation.
You will hear from Bob Judge separately. The City looks forward to the results of this project and I encourage you to participate fully when you are asked to do so.
Peter R. Tallman
Brenna M. McGee
Joseph M. McGiverin
James M. Leahy
Kevin A. Jourdain
Gordon Paul Alexander
Jason P. Ferreira
David K. Bartley
536 Dwight Street
Holyoke, MA 01040 Map
(413) 322-5556 (fax)
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Share This Page
Posted on December 20, 2012 by Personnell Admin