Welcome to the City of Holyoke Personnel Department. How can we help you?
* If you are seeking employment, you can see job postings at Employment Opportunities
* If you are looking for information about your employee benefits, you will find information at City of Holyoke employee benefits
* If you are a retiree, you will find information at health insurance at City of Holyoke Retiree health insurance
The responsibilities of the Personnel Office include:
- Maintain personnel records
- Administer employee benefits such as health and dental insurance
- Coordinate recruitment activity
- Provide guidance on personnel policy development and implementation
- Maintain the job classification system
- Respond to employee relations issues.
- Serve as staff to the Holyoke Commission on Disabilities
- Coordinate certain City internship programs.
- Monitor compliance with related laws and regulations.
Please contact Kim Counter (CounterK@holyoke.org) or me (JudgeR@holyoke.org) by email or phone (413-322-5555) if we can help you.
No posts found.
1. FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, CLICK HERE → Employment with the City of Holyoke – April 2015
2. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CURRENT SPECIFIC JOBS, SEE THE JOBS LISTED BELOW:
3. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CIVIL SERVICE LABOR SERVICE JOBS, SEE BELOW:
-For employment opportunities in the Holyoke Public Schools, please see http://www.schoolspring.com/jobs/?employer=11631
-For employment opportunities at Holyoke Gas & Electric, please see http://www.hged.com/html/job_opportunities.html.
October 30, 2014 Letter regarding Open Enrollment Notice for 2015 Medicare Supplement & Advantage Plans
Please watch here for more information soon.
TO CITY EMPLOYEES: Do not send the enrollment form to the insurance company! Return the form to the appropriate City of Holyoke employee.
ADDITIONAL INSURANCE INFORMATION
Effective July 1, 2014: Flexible Spending Account (FSA):
Please note that in accordance with MGL 32B, sec. 19, Surviving Spouses pay 50% of the full premium.
For information on your 403(b) and 457(b) plans, including forms and other documentation, visit the Treasurer’s page.
The City is working on an open enrollment for group life insurance. More information will be posted here in 2015.
For current City of Holyoke employees only:
The interviews of employees will begin on April 14 and April 15, 2014. Department Heads should watch their email for more information.
April 1, 2013:
The City is working with the Collins Center at UMASS Boston to conduct a Human Resources Audit. (See “HR Audit” for more information)
From: Alex Morse/COH
Subject: Human Resources & Compliance Audit
Greetings Department Heads,
As you may know, the City has engaged the services of the Edward J. Collins Center for Public Management (http://www.umb.edu/cpm) to conduct a Human Resource and Compliance Audit and to make recommendations about personnel policies, including an employee handbook.
The goal of the audit and policy recommendations is to review the City’s current compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, assess Holyoke’s current practices, and make recommendations to bring Holyoke into compliance and improve its personnel administration.
The Collins Center project team will be interviewing each of you, as department heads, in order to learn how your handle your personnel responsibilities, keep records, and work with the Personnel Department. The project team will also ask each department head about the challenges they face in dealing with personnel issues.
The project team will be in Holyoke on Monday, April 22 and Tuesday, April 23 to conduct interviews. While some interviews will be individual, some will be in small groups. I have asked the Personnel Administrator, Robert Judge to coordinate interviews and appreciate your anticipated cooperation.
You will hear from Bob Judge separately. The City looks forward to the results of this project and I encourage you to participate fully when you are asked to do so.
Holyoke Commission on Disabilities
The purpose of the Commission is to provide assistance to the citizens of Holyoke and to ensure that the city is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act with regards to public and private building accessibility, communications, public accommodations, and transportation and other areas impacting the disabled community.
Stephanie Benton – term expires March 2016
Anthony Brooks – term expires March 2016
Kimberly A. Ferris – term expires March 2016
Barbara Heisler – term expires March 2018
Elizabeth Larivee – term expires March 2018
Al Lehmann – term expires February 2017
Nicole Morrison – term expires March 2016
Donald Welch – term expires March 2018
Here is the outline of a one-day session that was attended by 25 City employees on February 18 and February 20, 2014:
536 Dwight Street
Holyoke, MA 01040 Map
(413) 322-5556 (fax)
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Share This Page
Posted on December 20, 2012 by Personnell Admin