Have you ever asked yourself, what can I do to improve my community?
The Auxiliary Police Division is a volunteer organization which supplements the Holyoke Police Department. It consists of an Auxiliary Chief of Police and approximately 40 volunteers.
The Auxiliary Police supports the Holyoke Police Department’s Field Operations Bureau with operations such as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Road Race, Celebrate Holyoke, Hispanic Festival, etc.
Two marked police cruisers are assigned to this division to facilitate their duties.
The volunteers assigned to this division also provide assistance during civil defense emergencies such as hurricanes, floods, traffic emergencies, etc. They also provide assistance to other cities’ law enforcement agencies and charitable organizations.
No posts found.
Interesting in becoming a member?
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Have a valid Massachusetts Drivers License in good standing with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Live in Holyoke or the surrounding area.
- Successfully complete the hiring process.
- Successfully complete the required training as conducted by certified Holyoke Police Officers.
- Must be eligible to be licensed to carry a firearm
- Required to perform a minimum of 50 hours of duty per year. Includes administration, training, details, and meetings
War Memorial Building
310 Appleton Street
Holyoke, MA 01040-4964 Map
(413) 322-5683 (fax)
Call for Staffing
Share This Page
Posted on January 10, 2013 by AuxPolice