Have you ever asked yourself, what can I do to improve my community?
The Holyoke Auxiliary Police Division is a volunteer organization which supplements the Holyoke Police Department. It consists of an Auxiliary Police Chief and approximately 64 members.
The Auxiliary Police supports the Holyoke Police Department’s Bureau of Field Operations for services such as the Saint Patrick’s Road Race and Parade, Boston Marathon at Hopkinton, Ludlow Triathlon and Our Lady of Fatima Street Procession, July Fireworks, Celebrate Holyoke, Local Church Details, Parades, Veteran's Ceremonies, and Emergency Services.
Two marked police cruisers are assigned to this division to facilitate their duties.
The HAPD also has a Special Uniformed Honor / Color Guard.
No posts found.
Interesting in becoming a member?
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License in good standing with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Live in Holyoke or surrounding areas within a 15 mile radius.
- Must have working telephone communications.
- Successfully complete the background investigation process by the HPD.
- Successfully complete the required training as conducted by certified Holyoke Auxiliary Police Instructors.
- At time of acceptance a Cadet must immediately sign-up for a Firearms Safety Course followed by an application for a Massachusetts License to Carry a Firearm.
- Required to perform a minimum of 50 hours of Field Operation Services.
- Training Sessions and Attending Meetings are also required.
War Memorial Building
310 Appleton Street
Holyoke MA 01040-4964 Map
(413) 322-5683 (fax)
Call for Staffing
Share This Page
Posted on January 10, 2013 by AuxPolice