Additional Information for Contractors
As a Contractor working in the City of Holyoke, we hope to provide you with all the necessary information and tools to perform your work per city standards and regulations. If you have any questions along the way, please give us a call.
- City Driveway Standards
- Grading and Soil Erosion Control Ordinance
- Construction Activities and Stormwater Discharge
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Sewer Commissioners Policy
- Holyoke Stormwater Authority Stormwater Regulations
- Holyoke Stormwater Ordinance
- Infra-Red Pavement Repair Specifications
All excavators must obtain a permit prior to the creation of a trench made for a construction-related purpose on public or private land or rights-of-way in accordance with Chapter 82A of the Massachusetts General Laws. A trench is defined as an excavation 3 feet or more in depth and less than 15 feet wide. Trench Safety Regulations
- When a contractor completes a road excavation in a street that was paved within 5 Years, the following Road Repair Specifications must be adhered to.
NOTE: Stormwater Permit Application Fees for Large and Small Developments are listed on the Petition for Stormwater Permit Application Form.
|Driveway Permit Application||Sewer Connection Permit|
|Trench Permit||Stormwater Permit Application|
NOTE: All permits can be obtained from the DPW at the Canal Street Office.
Contractor Workplace Safety
Your safety is very important to us! The Massachusetts Division of Occupational Safety offers a free consultation service designed to help employers recognize and control potential safety and health hazards at their work-sites, improve their safety and health program, assist in training employees, and possibly qualify for a one-year exemption from routine OSHA inspections.
Share This Page
Last Updated on October 9, 2013 by PublicWorks